Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless HKC Alarm

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Thanks Altor
    Most informative...as always

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Stinky45 wrote: »
    Thanks Altor
    Most informative...as always

Always happy to help Stinky45

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭geoweb2k14

Hi Altor, would appreciate your help here. I have the RF HKC wireless saab box. Do I just need a 12v supply + and - from panel to + and - on saab box? Do I need to remove the unchargable battery pack if I do and replace it with a rechargeable battery? Any help much appreciated.

geoweb2k14 wrote: »
    Hi Altor, would appreciate your help here. I have the RF HKC wireless saab box. Do I just need a 12v supply + and - from panel to + and - on saab box? Do I need to remove the unchargable battery pack if I do and replace it with a rechargeable battery? Any help much appreciated.

Yes that is correct.
    This is the battery you would be using instead of the battery packs in the bell.

Thanks for the swift response. So will the 12v supply control the stobe light as at the moment I have it blinking alternative left and right but its very bright and power in battery pack is down to 95% after just 2 weeks. Will it do any harm if I supply it with 12v and leave the current battery pack plugged in until I get a rechargeable one like you showed me. Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks for the swift response. So will the 12v supply control the stobe light as at the moment I have it blinking alternative left and right but its very bright and power in battery pack is down to 95% after just 2 weeks. Will it do any harm if I supply it with 12v and leave the current battery pack plugged in until I get a rechargeable one like you showed me. Thanks

You need to remove the pack if 12V connected as they are not designed to be recharged by the panel. You could blow something in the bell.

Your 2 options are to leave battery pack in and disconnect 12V till you get the battery or just leave the 12 V connected with battery pack removed and put in new battery when you receive it.

altor wrote: »
    You need to remove the pack if 12V connected as they are not designed to be recharged by the panel. You could blow something in the bell.

Your 2 options are to leave battery pack in and disconnect 12V till you get the battery or just leave the 12 V connected with battery pack removed and put in new battery when you receive it.

OK thanks so much for your help. Thinking now it could be too late as when I disconnected the battery pack the strobe lights stopped working even though the 12v supply is connected. Would I need to close tamper for 12v to kick in so lights work. Sorry for the annoyance..

OK thanks so much for your help. Thinking now it could be too late as when I disconnected the battery pack the strobe lights stopped working even though the 12v supply is connected. Would I need to close tamper for 12v to kick in so lights work. Sorry for the annoyance..

If you go into RF options, RF External bell options you need to turn on the led to alternate.
    When you get the new battery I would delete and set it back up again to be sure.

altor wrote: »
    If you go into RF options, RF External bell options you need to turn on the led to alternate.
    When you get the new battery I would delete and set it back up again to be sure.

Checked in External bell options and led already set to alt. Is it right that on that option the left strobe flashes, 4 seconds later right strobes flashes and so on unlike my old wired system where the lights flashes left/right with no delay between them. Maybe I'm being too picky and thats just the way the RF saab works. Thanks so much for your help and support.

Checked in External bell options and led already set to alt. Is it right that on that option the left strobe flashes, 4 seconds later right strobes flashes and so on unlike my old wired system where the lights flashes left/right with no delay between them. Maybe I'm being too picky and thats just the way the RF saab works. Thanks so much for your help and support.

That is the way the LEDs on the RF SABB works.
    Once you supply 12V to the RF bell then it will work like the wired version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement