Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play music on smart TV

Options
  • 24-04-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, I have an external HD (Toshiba) that I can connect to my JVC TV and using the remote can navigate through the files music pictures etc. I can play the music files an album at a time but my question is if there's any media player/app/way that I can use to play/shuffle all music files?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

According to this, the default player should have a shuffle all switch. Does that show up for you?

What's the make exact model of your TV?

EDIT: Sorry the link above is for a samsung smart tv. But is there an equivalent default app for the JVC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

JVC LT 49C770(A) according to the sticker:D

There's a media browser that lets you select folders e.g. Bruce Springsteen's greatest hits and when I select that I can play and shuffle the songs in that folder BUT I was trying to see if I can shuffle ALL songs in all folders at once as I can do on my phone using Rocket player for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Comerman wrote: »
    There's a media browser that lets you select folders e.g. Bruce Springsteen's greatest hits and when I select that I can play and shuffle the songs in that folder BUT I was trying to see if I can shuffle ALL songs in all folders at once as I can do on my phone using Rocket player for example.

Are the music folders separately on the root of the drive? If not try putting four or five album into one folder called Music or something. You might be able to select that parent folder and use the shuffle function there. That might shuffle all the tracks contained within the relevant sub folders

mordeith wrote: »
    Are the music folders separately on the root of the drive? If not try putting four or five album into one folder called Music or something. You might be able to select that parent folder and use the shuffle function there. That might shuffle all the tracks contained within the relevant sub folders
    Yeah I considered that but I've 10,000 odd songs to shuffle

• Advertisement

Yeah I considered that but I've 10,000 odd songs to shuffle

Yeah but if it works with four or five albums it'll work with the while lot of them.

I see what you mean, I thought I'd have to extract the songs from each folder into one

I see what you mean, I thought I'd have to extract the songs from each folder into one

I have Denon CD Player which I have a hard drive plugged into. All albums are in folders and I can shuffle the whole collection. Hopefully the TV might do the same

I'll give it a try and report back

Advertisement