Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station Manor Portmarnock

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 keepitheel1

Just get a good snagger... and be prepared for the long wait to have all your jobs completed...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan2019

To be honest, I think anybody thinking of buying in here should really consider this carefully.You just have to look from the entrance to the estate at the new houses on the left handside and you will see the really poor workmanship and the complete mess of the site to give you an indication of what your getting.The flag poles at entrance aren’t even plumb ! Not to mind the road surface ,footpaths and lack of lighting.I walk passed here everyday and I think from day one this builder was taking shortcuts when they never swept station rd even though artic trucks were coming and going from the site, workers from NI were sleeping on site in a campervan, they have temporary harris fencing protecting the site which is rarely closed properly and is not adequate to protect the site and keep kids out, they had scaffold up near the road that wasn’t erected properly and blew down etc etc. The HSA would have a field day if they did an inspection.
    I have no allegiances in anyway to Ballymore but any prospective buyer should be able to see the difference in the quality of construction and housekeeping of the site across the road.
    A point to consider for existing residents is what insurance is in place for the common areas in station manor.Is this still with the builder?I doubt it even though there is no adequate street lighting/proper roads/footpaths.
    Finally I think residents who have issues with their houses should get together and make their point in whatever way possible while viewings are on.This is your best opportunity to get things done now.
    The points above are just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Thumbwar

How has everyone been approaching this with Regency? We're planning to get on to Regency tomorrow but want to make sure we're on the same page as everyone. We have been moved in a month today and there are still snag items outstanding some of which are quite significant. A few snag bits have been done here and there but they are yet to commit to completing. They came into the house on Thursday and claimed to have fixed something which blatantly had not been even attempted. I also can't count the number of times I've arrived at work with mucky shoes, etc. The condition things are bing left in is beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 keepitheel1

Regancy are as much use as a chocolate kettle at this stage... u will b fobbed off... or they won't have an answer...

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PeterKlavenn

They told us they don't deal with after sales queries and to phone the builder. Not helpful at all if your issue is with the builder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 CavCollins

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the wall colour changed?
    Really want plain white instead of the beige-esque colour in the showhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PeterKlavenn

All walls are grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CavCollins

Bins and TV

We are due to move in c.2months time and was wondering what bin and tv companies everyones using / could recommend?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 roadrunner_0

Hi All,

Wondering does anybody know how to get the windows to open fully? There appears to be some sort of restrictor installed.

Also, we have noticed that our HRV vents are quite loud, is there a way to control them or is everyone's the same?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sassikez

We find the HRV system very loud - sometimes so loud from the bathrooms you can hear it all over the house. Not sure is this is normal as we have never had this vent system before??? Anyone else got the same issue ?
    The windows have a little latch at the bottom if you open the window just before the fullest it can go, you push the latch “into” the window and the latch will release. Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mikerabane

Has anybody been given a snagging date for "The Avenue" houses yet? Does anybody know if the ESB has been connected to these houses yet?

On a seperate note, the Heat recovery systems should not be that loud, certainly not heard around the house. The system is either not properly commissioned (set up) or some sections might not have been installed securely which would cause vibration and hence reverberate around the house

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Moonwalker25

The catch is that our houses are not equipped with Heat Recovery Ventilation (MVHR) but with Mechanical Extract Ventilation (MEV). The system called MEV Spider, manufactured by UK company EnviroVent.
    Surely it goes against what was described in a sales brochure and in the specifications on Station Manor website. Fooled again...

Is that verified as that’s a huge difference !!! We were definitely told it was HRV - to be fair we haven’t had an HRV system before so wouldn’t know the difference.
    When we moved in we weren’t ever given even a manual on how the heating system or anything works really !!

Unfortunately it seems so... Have a look at vent system in your attic a check MEV Spider model on Envirovent.com. Something I'll be clarifying with the builders.

Yet another issue. Honestly as we deal with one issue another crops up. It’s never ending and can’t ever get a straight honest answer from them either. It’s the most infuriating thing we have even been through this whole process. From the time we had the displeasure of dealing with DNG- to regency and now the builders themselves. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

We just got our keys recently and also noticed that the HRV system is loud. Will check out the ventilation in the attic to confirm our model too. Has anyone found a manual online for the heating?

I was under the impression the ventilation system was heat recovery, having just re read the spec it doesn't specifically say heat recovery but the spec on the station manor website does clearly state AND describe a heat recovery system. Has anybody spoken with the developer about this yet?
    Also, are people being given an info pack when they move in/complete. This should include manuals for all elements (appliances/ventilation systems/windows etc) within the property, certificates for electrical installation, cert for air tightness testing etc. They should also include the warranties for the appliances that come with the house.

Houses were positioned as ones equipped with heat recovery system in the sales brochures, website etc. Nothing is going to change unless as many homeowners as possible raise this question.
    Re-Welcome pack. Provided information is partial and missing a lot of important and valuable information as was pointed out in a previous post. Warranties for appliances I activated myself online or over the phone, except Vokera boiler. Boiler warranty cannot be activated without installation certificate which was never handed over to us. One more thing on the builder's list.
    BTW boiler manual can be downloaded from the manufacturer website.

Has the developer stated they do not intend to change the systems to heat recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭icanmunch

What bin company is everyone using?

• Advertisement

I believe most people using Panda or Greyhound.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

How do people find the aircraft noise when they're taking off? We visited at the weekend and quite liked the estate and found the noise ok with the planes landing?

Also, does anyone know how many apartments are proposed and what height the but will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭dubber

mikerabane wrote: »
    , cert for air tightness testing etc. They should also include the warranties for the appliances that come with the house.

Do you know if air tightness certs were promised? Are they a legal requirement or just a very good idea on timber frame builds?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eoin102

dubber wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know how many apartments are proposed and what height the but will be?

The proposal is for the demolition of the existing two storey dwelling on site and the provision of a residential development consisting of 121 no. dwelling units consisting of 65 no. houses and 56 no apartments to be provided as follows: -18 no. 3 bed two storey houses (9 no. Type 1A and 9 no. Type 1B); -45 no. 4 bed two and a half storey houses (14 no. Type 2A, 6 no. Type 2B, 11 no. Type 2C, 4 no. Type 2D, 2 no. Type 3A, 5 no. type 4A, 1 no. Type 4B, 1 no. Type 4C and 1 no. Type 4D); -2 no. 5 bed two and a half storey houses (1 no. Type 3B and 1 no. Type 3C); -A four storey apartment building (consisting of a north, south and centre block), over one level of basement car park, containing 54 no. 2 bed apartments and 2 no. 3 bed apartments, and which includes balconies/terraces. The development also includes vehicular and pedestrian access from Station Road, all associated site and infrastructural works, including foul and surface water drainage, surface and underground car parking, open space, landscaping, boundary treatments, bin stores, an electricity sub-station, internal roads and footpaths and two no. temporary marketing/sales signs all on a site area of approximately 2.38 hectares.

http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayURL?theApnID=F15A/0258

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EkremH

I was wondering the same about aircraft noise on takeoff.

Considering putting a deposit but a bit worried aobut all the problems phase 1 people had. Have the site lighting, tarmac etc been fixed? How about the heaters that didn't turned out as promised? Anyone has got that rectified?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emcirl

Hi. Anyone moved in recently that can update us? Weve put a deposit down. Are there any facebook or whats app group for residents looking to discuss issues? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sinead2017

Hi lovely people, we have put a deposit for one of the houses in The Avenue. Wondering how do those who moved in in 2018-2019 find the development? Have the issues been fixed? Any new issues found?

Also this time around it is painfully slow, we are still waiting for our contracts after putting the deposit in January

Advertisement