Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Mask Room
    Aesc enters from the south to see the room is not as he remembers. One of the masks from the wall is missing. A stone platform has extended from the north wall, upon it sits a throne but more curiously upon that is a figure wearing that missing mask. Before her, 3 creatures have prostrated themselves, chanting in worship "Balcmeg Balcmeg Balcmeg".

Fascinated by the scene, he approaches - neither worshipers nor worshipped react. Rapt as he is by what's unfolding before him, he almost gets toppled over as a wall rises before him cutting him off the throne from the rest of the room. The fountain that once marked the center now sits in an alcove in the new north wall of the room.

OOC : Molly paused until she's available. OG miraculously saved from the pause at the last second.

Sandor's Tomb

Echtrae brandishes his torch in Sandors face, the undead lord hissing and shielding his eyes from the glare, the heat, backing towards his coffing. Stufur screams and charges, the noise spurring Fector out of his daydreaming and into action. Stu Pendous, seeing this tries to intervene. Before they can intersect, a wave of force thrusts through the room staggering all parties. The east wall ripples as if liquid and an Octopus is thrown through, hurtling towards Stu and Fector.
    "No time to explain, my rhymes must be sparse - trust this cephalopod and stick your head up my arse!" it exclaims, not waiting for a response as it roughly and noisily forces itself into position atop Stu's neck. The wall ripples again, and something follows.
    "Your schtick is getting old, bitch stop this sad bollocks
    Another magic portal? You are one boring mollusc.
    Take a stand and fight me, quit yo' runnin' like a baby
    i'dda killdja for free bitch- they didn't need ta pay me.
    Now face your decapodal death by this eldritch phantasm
    hope your body's ready for Alaml's Pregnant Spasm!"
    Purple plasmic streams streak across the room, splattering as they hit the desperate octopus's umbrella of arcane shielding. Like fingers of infinite knuckle the orchid claws wrap around the shield, grabbing the octopus, his host and Fector who was a little too close. Suddenly the Illithid leaps backwards through the wall, yanking his catch with him, and as swiftly as they appeared, they're gone. The wall returns to it's previous, solid state.

OOC : I mean I could have just said "Duffman and Kolido Paused" but where's the fun in that?

Sandor picks himself up off the ground, eying Echtrae and his torch. He bares his fangs, smiles and asks "Now... where were we?"

The Scythe Trap
    Lalwende makes her way along the corridor cautiously.
    She hears a distinct *click*

OOC : Dex roll!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

pelvic-thrust.gif OOC: Thurst and step (to the right) and thrust and step (to the right) until I am out of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: In the mask room can I tell that it's Meera wearing the mask?

Aesc steps backwards to leave but feels the wall behind him, closing him into the room. He lets the bow down and moves to kneel beside the other acolytes worshipping the figure.
    "Balcmag, Balcmage...BAlcMage!"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    OOC: In the mask room can I tell that it's Meera wearing the mask?

Aesc steps backwards to leave but feels the wall behind him, closing him into the room. He lets the bow down and moves to kneel beside the other acolytes worshipping the figure.
    "Balcmag, Balcmage...BAlcMage!"

OOC : You can't tell anything, because you didn't respond to the request to check in on the off topic thread if you wanted to resume, so now you're paused with Molly and sealed off. Give me 2 minutes, I'll edit the pause then you edit yours and lets forget this post happened, m'kay? :D

EDIT : OK, done - you're now back in the "live" half of the mask room, however the northern half is inaccessible. You can see doors to the east and west, as well as the one you just came in by in the south.

"Time is fleeting, madness takes its toll..." Webby explains to his party.

Pointing towards Stufur he says "He shook-a me up, took me by surprise!"

Webby takes a jump to the left, then a step to the right with his hands on his hips and his knees held in tight; pelvicly thrusting until he is out of sight.

As Webby gyrates, he begins to feel faint. A voice booms „¡puɐʇsɹǝpun ʇou op noʎ sɹǝʍod ɥʇıʍ ssǝɯ ʇ,uop„ , the force of which staggers him into the wall. Fresh blood seeps into the bandage on his calf. Brutha's hands glow as the power of the time warp returns Om's favour to them.

OOC : Cure Light Wounds recharged, effect removed from Webby by his time-warping shenanigans.

• Advertisement

The gyrate now turning to pain, Webby clasps his calf, looking at his party. "I cant do this anymore, I feel like I'll lose control in an increasing pace, wantonly waste... the gift from Brutha, by my own mistake".

"STUFUR!!!!" he shouts, from outside of the walls, "War is overdue! The time has come for you to shoot your leader down! Join our forces underground!".

Webby slides, onto the ground, from onto the wall. Still clasping his calf, he sighs and whispers to himself "I cant do this anymore...".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

"What are we doing here guys?"
    9Lives has his bow drawn and is trying to asses the situation

Fascinated by the scene, he approaches - neither worshipers nor worshipped react. Rapt as he is by what's unfolding before him, he almost gets toppled over as a wall rises before him cutting him off the throne from the rest of the room. The fountain that once marked the center now sits in an alcove in the new north wall of the room.
    Aesc once again tests the door to the east to see if it's still locked now that the room has changed around a bit. He also checks the place on the wall where the mask once hung (If thats still in this half of the room).
    OOC: Did I recognise Molly in the mask?

Webby picks himself off the ground, realizing he will only hurt himself by staying, looks around and follows along down the direction where he saw Meera scoot off to earlier.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Aesc once again tests the door to the east to see if it's still locked now that the room has changed around a bit. He also checks the place on the wall where the mask once hung (If thats still in this half of the room).
    OOC: Did I recognise Molly in the mask?

OOC: Given that Aesc hasn't interacted with Meera in any way at all to my recollection, I'm going to say no. Reasonable that you might have mistaken her for Lalwende who you'd reasonably expect to see in the room and to Aesc's knowledge is the only woman down here. Up to you.

There is nothing obviously interesting about the spot where the mask was removed.

The east door is still locked.

• Advertisement

Webby picks himself off the ground, realizing he will only hurt himself by staying, looks around and follows along down the direction where he saw Meera scoot off to earlier.

Heading down the dimly lit southern corridor, Webby comes to a doorway leading east. The door is ajar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ooc - where do I roll? What do I roll?

The Meatgrinder room on Rolz
    Copy and paste this :
    #d20-1 #Lalwende Dex Roll target 13

OOC : Rolled a 2
    Reminder : as this was a test of an attribute, and higher attributes are better, the goal is to roll under value of the attribute. Since Lalwende has a dexterity of 13, that gives her a modifier of -1 to that roll to reflect her better-than-average dexterity. 13-15 gives a bonus of 1, 16-17 gives a bonus of 2, 18 gives a bonus of 3, 19 well now you're just cheating.

As Lalwende inches along the blood-soaked corridor she here's a click that startles her, causing her to lose her footing in the gore. She deftly catches herself on her on one hand, springing back to her feet. Looking down, she sees the noise was caused by a thin gristly bone shard, presumably Stufurs. She hopes it wasn't anything important. This corridor goes back west, the direction she came from, before turning north and back towards Sandor's tomb, or continues east, turning south.

Feeling very pleased with her nimbleness and agility, Lalende continues east and south using her infravision as much as possible.

The passageway begins to slope downward, and Lalwende notices a squelching underfoot. The corridor ahead appears flooded - In a few more steps she'll be wading. There is a turn west visible and the corridor continues beyond that southwards albeit down into the water.

Lalwende wends her way forward to the turn west and cautiously explores the corridor as she goes. She carefully tests the depth of the water before fully taking a step forward.

Curious about the location of his newly and newest adopted comrades Webby takes a peak into the room with the door.

OOC: The door that be'ith ajar

Lalwende wends her way forward to the turn west and cautiously explores the corridor as she goes. She carefully tests the depth of the water before fully taking a step forward.

The water gets steadily deeper but shouldn't get any deeper than waist height at this rate before reaching the junction west. Happy to continue?

Curious about the location of his newly and newest adopted comrades Webby takes a peak into the room with the door.

OOC: The door that be'ith ajar

Aesc is inside, examining the far wall.

• Advertisement

Webby examines the room as he gives a nod of acknowledgment to his otherwise occupied comrade.

Webby pays particular notice to the walls and the floor beneath them.

Lalwende feels the cool water lap around her body and a shiver runs through her. Very gingerly, she wades forward.

Webby examines the room as he gives a nod of acknowledgment to his otherwise occupied comrade.

All that notice does not pay off. The walls run floor to ceiling, the floor runs wall to wall. There is a fountain now in an alcove along the northern wall and two masks on the east wall with an obvious gap between them.

Lalwende feels the cool water lap around her body and a shiver runs through her. Very gingerly, she wades forward.

She reaches the junction with the western corridor. It is indeed waist deep. Something brushes her leg. With her infravision she can just about make out that the corridor west slopes upward and out of the water.

Lawrence decides that she should continue in the water despite something brushing her leg. She ignores the west corridor and wades forward.

Aesc waves to Webby then puts a finger to his lips in a "Shushhhhh" motion and mimes "Monsters!", pointing to the north wall.

Webby, confused by the gesture and odd motion his comrade displays, he looks to the northern wall and sees nothing out of sorts.

He shrugs it off, flings some odd gestures in return and smoothly finishes with little pirouette with some finger guns to top it off.

Webby continues to explore the room.

Lawrence decides that she should continue in the water despite something brushing her leg. She ignores the west corridor and wades forward.

The water level quickly rises to chin height. Something shoves hard into her side but is gone before she can react. The corridor does appear to continue further below the surface but it's too dark to be sure.

Webby, confused by the gesture and odd motion his comrade displays, he looks to the northern wall and sees nothing out of sorts.

He shrugs it off, flings some odd gestures in return and smoothly finishes with little pirouette with some finger guns to top it off.

Webby continues to explore the room.

Webby's incredibly thorough investigation turns up a small spiderweb in the intersection of the south and west walls.

Ooc : this room has been described twice already but in case you missed it a few pages back there's a closed door in the east wall and an open one to the south

• Advertisement

The water level quickly rises to chin height. Something shoves hard into her side but is gone before she can react. The corridor does appear to continue further below the surface but it's too dark to be sure.

Using her infravision and her swimming skills Lalwende decides to push onward. "Might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb." she murmurs to herself.

Advertisement