Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

OOC: Ah sorry i didnt know that specific "rule", labyrinth is a craycray game...

Webby leaves the message at the start of the bright south passage.

OOC : Thanks for the clarification. So, which way is Webby going? South or West?

Lalwende pulls hard at the masks on the wall.

OOC : you're still in the corridor between the Scythe trap and Sandor's tomb. Until you find Boots of Lightspeed.

Note : This is not a confirmation of presence of Boots of Lightspeed in the dungeon.

conor222 wrote: »
    9lives shouts in "I think that would seem to be a good idea, he wants to sleep, let him sleep. Is there any way to make it more permanent for you? We could help you out on that if you'd like!"

"Cease your prattling, Mortal!" Sandor commands, without looking up.
    You find yourself really wanting to cease your prattling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende eats some food and makes her way to Sandor's tomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

OOC : Thanks for the clarification. So, which way is Webby going? South or West?

OOC: heading down south

• Advertisement

Lalwende eats some food and makes her way to Sandor's tomb.

As she munches, crumbs from her rations fall to the ground. Behind her, she hears the tiny squeak of a small mouse that follows in her wake nibbling the crumbs. When he's had his fill he hears onto his hind quarters and declares in a rich baritone
    "Such kindness must be repaid - so speaks the Murine Magus!"
    Lightning crackles between the pads of his paws. Looking down, Lalwende barely has time to register the winged boots that are manifesting on her feet before a she's streaking down the corridor, past Sandors tomb where her comrades appear frozen in time before skidding to halt in the corridor headed south from the mask room. As quickly as they appeared the boots are gone, their boon spent.

A pressure wave of wind continues down that corridor, snuffing the torch at the end, startling Webby who was on his way in that direction.

The corridor turns west at the end.

Ooc : boots of lightspeed confirmed, I guess. But they're gone now...

OOC: heading down south

The well lit corridor continues south before turning west. A sudden wind from out of nowhere whips past you, blowing out the torch, and suddenly it's not such a well lit corridor .

The well lit corridor continues south before turning west. A sudden wind from out of nowhere whips past you, blowing out the torch, and suddenly it's not such a well lit corridor .

Webby, startled by the gust of wind and the sudden extinguishing of the torch, turns around to see the sudden appearance of Lawlende behind him.

"What the whut..." he mutters as he gawks at the elf now in front of him.

Webby points in the opposite direction of Lawlende, "Uh, i was heading that way... but uh... it seems your appearance has unlit the way".

Webby shrugs and continues exploring the immediate area around him before continuing down the corridor.

As Webby approaches the dark corner he can see that it does indeed turn west, but as he approaches the corner he can hear an incessant, rhythmic squeaking. Its getting closer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Ooc: is the flooded passageway running water or no?

Wait, i don't think Echtrae knows if its even flooded.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    Ooc: is the flooded passageway running water or no?

Wait, i don't think Echtrae knows if its even flooded.

Ooc : yeah, I didn't think so either but I was too polite to say

As Webby approaches the dark corner he can see that it does indeed turn west, but as he approaches the corner he can hear an incessant, rhythmic squeaking. Its getting closer.

The squeaking sends a chill down Webby's spine and quickly realises he is pretty much alone.

Webby remembers the west passage he skipped by earlier, entised by the better lit south passage, now seems like the better of the choices.

Webby returns to the west passage to investigate that further, leaving the south passage an exploration requiring more than just a half-ling.

Quenching the flames Echtrae finally struggles to his feet. Smoke rising from his clothing skin slightly charred.

'Brotha, If your not going to use that water put it away. I could do with some first aid here.

Sandor, go back to your ethernal rest but take your minion with you. His treachery is of no use to us."

Ech makes his towards the door, as he passes 9lives he growls "We could of had him"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector awakes from his Stupor unsure what has happened and where he is! He surveys the scene before him

Ooc: I'm still in the room with Sandor, Ecthrae etc?

duffman13 wrote: »
    Fector awakes from his Stupor unsure what has happened and where he is! He surveys the scene before him

Ooc: I'm still in the room with Sandor, Ecthrae etc?

As Stufur studies his sire's blade, torn between his compulsion to obey and and his lawful tendencies, a hole opens in the roof behind him, expelling a 4 foot slimy purple cocoon, then dissipates. The pupal blob splats down, glancing Stufurs back heavily, catapulting him forward, the blade he holds thrusting through Sandor's heart. Black ichor geysers from this wound, drenching Stufur's face as the vampire lord staggers backwards. Sandor trips and teeters back into his coffin, the sword still embedded in his heart. He manages a smile before oblivion takes him.

Unable to help himself, Stufur licks the ulcerous gick from his face and follows the trail along the floor.

Behind him, the cocoon oozes and pulsates as something within fights for escape. It begins to stretch and strain at one end and a short sword bursts through - Fector Hammerchop breaks through, gasping for breath.

OOC : Fector unpaused. Stufur returns to full HP but needs a wet-wipe. Sandor is released from the pain of existence for now.

The squeaking sends a chill down Webby's spine and quickly realises he is pretty much alone.

Webby remembers the west passage he skipped by earlier, entised by the better lit south passage, now seems like the better of the choices.

Webby returns to the west passage to investigate that further, leaving the south passage an exploration requiring more than just a half-ling.

As Webby makes his way back north the squeaking gets closer.... closer.... CLOSER!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bigdaddyliamo

Eirenaios wheels his unruly trolley up the west passage muttering darkly to himself. "Fix the traps low heel....I'll fix your trap," he mutters to himself. Up ahead he sees a small shape and squeaks his way towards it. In a very loud voice, out of character in this place, he says, "Hail stranger!"

Webby turns around to see if it is clear to him what is causing the squeaking.

He sees a disgruntled looking 6 foot tall guy in armour pushing a trolley. (Bigdaddyliamo)

"Brutha, a little help here?" Echtrae pleads looking at his charred skin.

"What do we do with this underling, can he be trusted?"

• Advertisement

Webby looks onto the figure, now towering over him.

"Uhm, scuse me sir... but... uhm... you seem to be equally satisfied to be here as I am, AND my party... Might I ask what brings you to this place?" He scuttles a bit forward, sensing no immediate danger "And... uhm... perhaps the quickest way out of here?" he proceeds to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha looks over at Echtrae... 'Come outside to the hallway, where I suspect things are a little safer, and I will try my best to heal you".

Webby, now faced with a silent onlooker tower over him, no longer moving with wheels no longer squeaking.

Webby edges forward, with his hand out in front of him, tempted to see whether the individual in front of him has become immovable like many others he has witnessed in this 'adventure' so far. He changes his mind at the last moment, no need to seek answers where there are no questions.

Webby's head turns back, twisting over his shoulders before he lets loose a screeching noise "GGGGGGGGGGGuuuuuuuuuyyyyyysssssss!!!!! COME OVER HERE!!!!!!!!" he takes a deep breath before continuing his yelp "Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyyyyysssssss, please?!?!?".

Echtrae, now standing beside Brutha, is in agony from his burns. Waiting for the Cleric to do his thang, he hears a faint scream coming down the passage.

"Forget the underling, hurry Brutha, there is trouble afoot. Trouble means riches in some form or the other.

Hmm that or death, i guess. Maybe lets not rush but lets get going."

He looks at Brutha impatiently.

He glances back into Sandor's thomb and growls at 9lives "get out of there thief" as he eyes up the door lever outside the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Aesc runs towards the shout after wandering endlessly along the corridors and passages in search of an exit or way forward.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

9lives barrels outs and heads after Echtrae

Echtrae discreetly pulls the lever, hoping it'll lock stufur inside. "We cant risk fangs when it gets hungry", he says to his two companions. "We need to keep an eye on Weber too, but hopefully he wasn't turned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

"Great God Om, I am your humble servant! Please grace your healing power on this poor soul", cries Brutha as he lays his hands on Echtrae and casts the Cure Light Wounds spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende makes her way to the sound of voices and joins the party. "Brutha, could you heal my face?"

• Advertisement

oh-god.gif

OOC: I'll wait here then... :P

Advertisement