Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

OldGoat wrote: »
    Aesc runs towards the shout after wandering endlessly along the corridors and passages in search of an exit or way forward.
    The shouting leads him south, back towards the Mask room and it's southern exit.

Guffy wrote: »
    Echtrae discreetly pulls the lever, hoping it'll lock stufur inside. "We cant risk fangs when it gets hungry", he says to his two companions. "We need to keep an eye on Weber too, but hopefully he wasn't turned"
    The door to Sandor's tomb begins to close, with Stufur and Fector still inside.

jasonb wrote: »
    "Great God Om, I am your humble servant! Please grace your healing power on this poor soul", cries Brutha as he lays his hands on Echtrae and casts the Cure Light Wounds spell.

OOC : You can roll this one for yourself, there's no "to hit" roll, you just need to be able to touch the target. Command is #d6+1 - in the interest of keeping things moving though, and because Echtrae is missing the minimum value you can heal for I rolled it for you.
    embed?X33147447

Echtrae on 4HP.

Lalwende makes her way to the sound of voices and joins the party. "Brutha, could you heal my face?"
    Too late! You'll have to wait till morning! A level 1 Cleric gets 1 spell per day and he just used it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende takes out her compact and cakes makeup over the scars on her face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu Pendous tries to get his berrings after the unsavory position he was placed in, still quite dazzed, he shouts out, "Hello, anybody here?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

9lives is keeping a close eye out on the ground and walls for anything unusual as he moves carefully towards where the sound came from

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu Pendous tries to get his berrings after the unsavory position he was placed in, still quite dazzed, he shouts out, "Hello, anybody here?"

tDIZMjb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,115 ✭✭✭Guffy

conor222 wrote: »
    9lives is keeping a close eye out on the ground and walls for anything unusual as he moves carefully towards where the sound came from

Echtrae follows 9 lives closely. No point getting stung if we have someone to take the sting for you.

"Thanks for the help Brutha"

Lalwende takes out her compact and cakes makeup over the scars on her face.

OOC : As you have made it very clear on several occasions that Lalwende has a mirror despite not having brought one into the dungeon, and you have already used your Rations and Scalemail, I've replaced your dagger with a mirror so as not to interfere with your roleplaying. Everyone please imagine a wobbly transition as we flashback to Lalwende choosing that mirror. Thanks. Prof, your equipment list stands at :
    Backpack
    Quill
    Spellbook
    Waterskin
    Mirror - hurray!
    Scalemail
    Rations (-1 serving)

9 Lives and Echtrae make their way to the Mask room and it's southern exit without incident.

• Advertisement

OOC: I believe this is my first time in this room

9lives looks around and takes in his surroundings

Kolido wrote: »

His shout is muffled, shoved up a magic Octopus's hole as his head is. His cry startles his coleoideal cargo, causing it to jet upwards with a sudden burst of ink. Stu has but moments to try and comprehend the Vhoorlian nightmare of his immediate surroundings before he tumbles forward into that ink cloud, emerging not in the hideous void but into Sandor's room - his momentum carries him across the room and under the slowly descending door, landing at Brutha's feet.

Echtrae has a quick glance around for anything of use but his attention is still focused on where the scream came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu looks up, 'Boi, am I glad to see you!"

OOC: I believe this is my first time in this room

9lives looks around and takes in his surroundings
    You have entered through an archway in the west wall. The room is rectangular, with a closed door on the wall opposite and another doorway to the south through which you can hear sounds of distress. There are marks of the floor leading to this doorway.

There are 2 masks on the opposite wall, as well as a vacant mounting point between them. Where the west wall meets the south wall a well-sated spider seems to be weaving a web around the corpse of another spider. Along the north wall there's a fountain full of silver liquid. You can hear muffled chanting coming from near the fountain.

OOC : but don't investigate it as that's Molly on hold and I don't want to have to break out the octopus again...

9lives slowly approaches the direction that the sounds of distress are coming from, keeping a careful eye out for anything that might suggest this is a trap.
    "We dont know if thats someone in need or someone hoping that we think they're in need, be cautious!"
    he tries to edge closer to see or hear anything

Lalwende puts her very precious mirror away. She turns to the others "Can I be of any assistance?"

Echtrae creeps along behind 9lives, eyes fixed on the entrance. He begins to feel a little uneasy. Hopefully whatever deed is to be done has been done and he can just loot the remains. Easier all round really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

The door to Sandor's tomb begins to close, with Stufur and Fector still inside.

Fector Looks at Stufur and starts to run for the door.

"I'm outta here, you staying a little longer?"
    Fector launches himself through the open door

duffman13 wrote: »

Fector hurtles through the air with all the speed and grace of a stumpy, bearded bullet. Given his height and the rate of descent of the door he could probably have just strolled out but heroes don't stroll, damnitt! He finds himself in the corridor with Brutha and Stu.

• Advertisement

9lives slowly approaches the direction that the sounds of distress are coming from, keeping a careful eye out for anything that might suggest this is a trap.
    "We dont know if thats someone in need or someone hoping that we think they're in need, be cautious!"
    he tries to edge closer to see or hear anything

With Echtrae in tow, 9 Lives peers around Aesc who himself is already peering around the corner of the southern doorway. They see a reasonably well lit corridor that extends south to a possible dead end - that end is not lit - and close to the door where they stand there's a branching corridor running west.

On a pillar at the entrance to this branch someone has inscribed "Webby Woz Here", a statement substantiated by the fact that he still is there babbling incoherently. Nearby is Lalwende alternately admiring her 'good' side (OOC : 5 charisma does not buy you a lot of cheekbone, darlin'!) in a mirror and powdering her bad, and beyond them a 3rd figure - silent and pushing a large squeaky trolley. He has the apprehensive look of a man who is unsure if he's waiting for someone to respond to him or they're waiting for his response.

Lalwende spots the corridor south and, using her infravision, she peers intently to see what lies at the end of the corridor.

Lalwende spots the corridor south and, using her infravision, she peers intently to see what lies at the end of the corridor.

She sees a wall. Upon that wall is a torch, extinguished by the force of her arrival. She can also just make out that the corridor turns west at that dark corner, though whether that's due to her infravision or because she saw it well lit for a moment on her initial appearance at this spot is anyone's guess.

Lalwende edges forward and turns west down the corridor walking extremely slowly. She uses her infravision to find her way as best she can.

"Webby, you are still living I see, is it you who made that girly scream?

Who is this?"

Echtrae studies the man and the trolly. He looks around to see if there is anything worth noting in his surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha carefully follows the others to see what the cries were about...

Lalwende edges forward and turns west down the corridor walking extremely slowly. She uses her infravision to find her way as best she can.

Lalwende heads west, with the corridor once again being well lit. Despite her caution she finds little of note. After about 40 feet, she sees a dimly lit fork off the main passage bearing north.

jasonb wrote: »
    Brutha carefully follows the others to see what the cries were about...

As he edges into the Mask room, he hears a click followed by a hollow springing noise.
    Across from him, three of his party are peering around a doorframe .

Lalwende continues through the fork edging forward cautiously and using her infravision as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

duffman13 wrote: »

Stufur takes a long sad look at Sandor, half wondering why he cares, before walking out.

Advertisement