Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

I take the peaked cap and head towards the exit we were moving towards.
    Brutha, how are you? You took a few knocks there trying to *ahem* defeat our opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Brutha looks sheepish but is nonetheless ready to continue.

The door is unlocked, opening onto a corridor that runs west before turning south.

We continue along the corridor, scanning for traps and 9lives keeps looking at the symbol on the hat he found with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Guffy wrote: »
    Echtrae takes in the comical sight,

"well that didn't take long, did it? Come there is an unlocked door through here." He waves the rest of their party over to the passage.

Webby, quite comfortable where he is, suggests to his mount to keep moving, but this time into Echtrae's direction.

"Come now noble steed, we must join our fellowship..." He says as he points towards Ech and Fector.

Webby pushes his heel into his 'mount' signing a move forward is required.

conor222 wrote: »
    We continue along the corridor, scanning for traps and 9lives keeps looking at the symbol on the hat he found with interest
    As they reach the corner where the corridor turns south, 9 Lives notices a skittering noise behind them.

• Advertisement

Grab your weapons Brutha, its behind us!
    9lives wheels around to see whats coming

There's nothing there, just corridor and an open door and something scut- Wait! There's something scuttling along the roof! The spider launches itself at Brutha

OOC : Roll Init!

As the spider springs, 9 Lives coolly draws his bowstring and looses at close range, skewering the spider and pinning it to the wall of the corridor. It twitches once, then it's legs clench and it is still.

9lives take a closer look at it, what was this strange creature? He looks for anything remarkable about it

Well, it's got 6 legs for a start which, Brutha informs you, makes it an insect rather than an arachnid, but then he's forgetting that you tore two of the buggers off.
    It's carapace looks metallic but the fine setae along the legs do have a more organic look to them. It's eyes look almost jewel-like in the flickering torchlight, two larger eyes with a row of four secondary ocelli underneath and a further pair mounted on the sides of it's cephalothorax. On the underside of the bears some kind of a stamp - a circle with two curved triangles sticking out of the bottom of it. Brutha mutters something about this beast looking almost manufactured.

OOC : I looked up a lot of spider terms, I'm going to get my money's worth!

• Advertisement

OOC: Can i fit it into my backpack? If so I do

OOC : Gross!

9 Lives recovers his arrow and puts the oozing mess into his backpack. Not saying they're ruined but perhaps think twice before eating those sweets you recovered earlier.

Let go Brutha, 9lives dons his sweet cap from earlier and heads to check the door

Webby, quite comfortable where he is, suggests to his mount to keep moving, but this time into Echtrae's direction.

"Come now noble steed, we must join our fellowship..." He says as he points towards Ech and Fector.

Webby pushes his heel into his 'mount' signing a move forward is required.

OOC BTW not ignoring you, but since your movement is now entirely at Kolido's whim and he was on earlier, well, it's entirely at Kolido's whim!

Let go Brutha, 9lives dons his sweet cap from earlier and heads to check the door

OOC : That door is the door you came through, back into the Electric Boogaloo room. The way forward is south. BTW, who's going first and which way round are you wearing your hat? It's important and it's too late for you to take it off.

haha, wearing it forward with the brim slightly offset to the left (the classic tannum off centre)

And you're right, I meant towards the south. I'm checking for traps and Brutha is i would guess behind me as I'm the one searching :)

As soon as the hat touches your head you feel.... dope.... fly.... lit.... whatever the kids are calling it these days.
    The pair move cautiously along the corridor, watching every step and examining every stone that sits a little proud of it's neighbours. Nothing. However there's something blocking the corridor further on, and as they approach 9 Lives sees that it's a series of skeletons hanging from manacles chained to the roof. Closer still they can see there are skeletons chained to the walls as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende observes the little boys at play and muses how much more adult the party would be with a couple more females. She sighs. "Webby, perhaps you could stop horsing around and get off his back? I'm going South now, up to yourselves if you want to follow."

"Uh...... Not liking the look of this, at all....." 9lives says to Brutha,
    Lets move carefully aand quietly til we see what the blockage is up ahead
    We proceed with weapons drawn, as quietly as we can

Lalwende decides to carefully edge South leaving the others behind. Using her infra vision, she holds her orc sword ready and pats her mail as if to reassure herself.

• Advertisement

Lalwende decides to carefully edge South leaving the others behind. Using her infra vision, she holds her orc sword ready and pats her mail as if to reassure herself.

Pushing past Fector and Echtrae, Lalwende follows the corridor south to a door. She too is struck by how much louder the whistling has gotten since leaving the Statue room.
    "It's not locked!" calls Fector after her, still on partial autopilot.

"Uh...... Not liking the look of this, at all....." 9lives says to Brutha,
    Lets move carefully aand quietly til we see what the blockage is up ahead
    We proceed with weapons drawn, as quietly as we can

While he cannot efficiently sneak in banded mail, one thing Brutha can do is pray for guidance and try to sense any sign of abomination or unlife in these skeletons. He senses nothing.

Lalwende cautiously searches the door for traps, slurps, spiders etc. before gingerly opening it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu gently puts Webby down. "Lets catch up with the others"

....and they do. Lalwende is finishing a quick review of the door south when Webby and Stu bundle in behind them. Stu is instantly hit by a vague feeling - an after-scent of ozone, a vision of a blasted oak. He senses the door is warded.

OOC: Im quite comfortable up here... though havent wee'd in ages... suppose... I should just... you know...

Webby thanks Stu.

"Appreciate you helping me out there... Hate just hanging around when all the rest is out there having a jolly 'ol time...".

He signals into the direction where Lawlende went.

"Best to follow her, she has a knack for finding 'adventure'..."

He follows his elven comrade and signals Stu to follow.

OOC: Apologies, I seem to be falling behind in the narrative. Adjusting my timing now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae follows the pack while busily dreaming of fields afar

• Advertisement

"Anyone sense anything from this door?

Advertisement