Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae thought he heard faint footsteps behind him, turning around he calls back to the corridor

"Hello? Is there someone there?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu welcomes the new elf to the party, "stick with use, staying together is our only hope, tell me..are you afraid of the dark?"

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

"There! the passage way down south... they must have gone there... there is nowhere else!"...

Webby makes his way down the passage.

The passage winds east again. It is growing visibly darker for the Halfling without the light of the torch.

OOC: 4 mins left. Those in the south passage will have to run to save Stufur now

Lalwende spots a little nook and decides she'll rest there until there are further developments.

Leaning back against the alcove, Lalwende notices something pressing into her back.

• Advertisement

Stu hears cries, sounds familiar, like another Stu, thinking someone is in trouble and being brave, he follows the sound, telling the other to come quickly.

ooc: what do I do to save Stu?

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu hears cries, sounds familiar, like another Stu, thinking someone is in trouble and being brave, he follows the sound, telling the other to come quickly.

OOC: Healing magic, potions, or you can attempt first aid by rolling a d20 vs your Wisdom stat. You need the target or less to succeed.

Stu turns south, then east, the south again, and can make out a torch on the ground which blood is pooling around. He can also hear a horrible pendulum type whoosh around the next corner.

OOC: 2 minutes left for Stufur with regards to Stu Pendous, still 4 minutes for those who haven't moved.

Stu attempts first aid on Stufur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

As Fector and the others head down the other corridor they can hear a muffled cry from the distance and the sound of of running.

Fector looks to the others

"Continue on or go back and check what's happening? We've already lost two souls today!"

• Advertisement

ooc: anyone got a link to the dice room, I will try to figure out how to roll.

Stu attempts first aid on Stufur

OOC: #d20 on rolz:

https://rolz.org/dr?room=The%20Meatgrinder%20Boards.ieD%26D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: have we reached the main party yet?]

Stu Pendous rips a large chunk of cloth from his own rags and uses them to stem the bleeding on Stufur. He manages to secure the bandage around the little elf's mid-riff, and the danger passes for now.

Stufur is still in a lot of pain however, and his intuition tells him only magic will seal the wound for him without risk of re opening. He will need rest before he can walk without collapsing in agony.

Both are mere feet away from the pendulum like scythe that swooshes back and forth across the corridor, coated in Stufur's elven blood.

OOC: Stufur lives, for now. But any excessive actions like combat could cause the bandage to rip.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [OOC: have we reached the main party yet?]

OOC: You are with the main party. Webby is a little further in front, and Stu Pendous and Stufur are together even further ahead.

"Ok let's try and find the main group", echtrae moves as quickly he can along the path he believes the other group took.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby continues to move forward, listening attentively and looking out for signs of his party.

Webby nervously looks around to find his bearings.

OOC: Until I find my party members?

Guffy wrote: »
    "Ok let's try and find the main group", echtrae moves as quickly he can along the path he believes the other group took.

Echtrae catches up with Stu Pendous and Stufur fairly quickly. He can see the sinister scythe swooshing back and forth just behind them.

Webby continues to move forward, listening attentively and looking out for signs of his party.

Webby nervously looks around to find his bearings.

OOC: Until I find my party members?

Webby reaches Stufur, Stu Pendous and Ecthrae a few moments later. Stufur's torch lies amidst a large pool of blood, illuminating the area around the party.

"For the love of.... what happened? Stufur, are you badly damaged? I have a healing potion if you think its warranted or can you grit it out?"

Echtrae looks beyond the scythe taking in his new surroundings

• Advertisement

Webby pulls out a blue potion from his bag...

"I have no idea what it is, maybe a magic user can identify it... It may be able to help... I hope... I think?" he says as he holds up the potion above his head, hopefully in reach of the others in his party.

Guffy wrote: »
    "For the love of.... what happened? Stufur, are you badly damaged? I have a healing potion if you think its warranted or can you grit it out?"

Echtrae looks beyond the scythe taking in his new surroundings

Echtrae, through the light of his torch and the other on the floor, can see the passage again winds south past the swooshing scythe. He can also make out a button on the north wall of the corridor. He could try to reach it, but it would be dangerous.

OOC: Echtrae, your healing potion will restore Stufur's health but not heal his wound. Only a Cleric with Cure Light Wounds can do so.
    Webby pulls out a blue potion from his bag...

"I have no idea what it is, maybe a magic user can identify it... It may be able to help... I hope... I think?" he says as he holds up the potion above his head, hopefully in reach of the others in his party.

OOC: A magic user can sip a potion to learn of it's contents. No effect from the potion, just to determine what it is.

Webby opens up the bottle, hunches over Stufur and makes him take a sip.

"Any chance you are feeling better with that or are you about to turn ghoul?" He says to Stufur as he makes him sip the bottle.

Stufur can feel the rush of the ocean, the viscous fluid tastes quite vile. A combination of fish and seawater.

Little gills sprout on his neck momentarily, before disappearing again due to it only being a sip

OOC: Potion of Waterbreathing

"Hmmmm that simply wont do, though it was a good look on you while it lasted"... he says to Stufur as he looks at his injured team member, trying to maintain a smile.

Webby closes up the bottle again and puts it back into his bag.

"We should speak to the clerics, perhaps they can heal some of those wounds... We have to get you battle ready again, hiding at the back is reserved for only me after all..." he says to Stufur, as he pokes a bit of fun at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Echtrae, through the light of his torch and the other on the floor, can see the passage again winds south past the swooshing scythe. He can also make out a button on the north wall of the corridor. He could try to reach it, but it would be dangerous.

Meera wonders if she could hit the button with one of her arrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Leaning back against the alcove, Lalwende notices something pressing into her back.

Lalwende turns and uses her infravision to peer at whatever poked her back. She also tries to detect a possible hidden door

Lalwende turns and uses her infravision to peer at whatever poked her back. She also tries to detect a possible hidden door

Lalwende finds a tiny lever at the base of one of the pillars in the alcove she is resting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende pulls the lever gently and steps back.

Ooc sorry gone for 50 mins.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Meera wonders if she could hit the button with one of her arrows.

OOC: Roll to hit, target 13

Advertisement