Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

OOC: Holding there for the night. Roll away if you wish folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Ooc - How do I roll for charisma

Ooc - How do I roll for charisma

OOC: Roll a d20, you need to get under or equal to the stat on your char sheet for your character

"Just checking things out, Fector.. Fancy sitting on the chair? Could be good, could be bad."

The smooth sound of Poppy's voice relaxes Fector.

'Aye... aye lass. I'll sit down there fer ya.'

Fector plops himself in the chair.

'What am I sittin' here fer, anyways?'

"Well done, Fector. Brave move. We'll see what the shining circlet and the chair will do now. If anything bad happens, I'll do my best to help."

• Advertisement

Fector picks up the circlet.

'So ye want me ter put this on me head lass?'

"Well, yes. If that's okay with you? Perhaps wear it like a crown while you sit in the chair. I'll step over here out of the way to give you some breathing space."

"Well, yes. If that's okay with you? Perhaps wear it like a crown while you sit in the chair. I'll step over here out of the way to give you some breathing space."

'Ok, if yer sure....'

Fector places the circlet on his head. The entire room grows intensely bright, and Fector convulses in the chair.

Suddenly, the circlet explodes and Fector collapses forward onto the floor, drooling from the mouth and blood coming from his ear.

His eyes roll around in his head and he appears to be seizing. As he does so, his hand flies up and gestures to the desk, which is sent smashing into the tubes on the far side of the room, the area around it becoming flooded by the green goop within.

Fector sits up and looks around the room, a vacant expression on his face.

OOC: Fector has gained one Psionic Mind Blast per day... unfortunately he's also minorly insane as a result as well.

"Fector? Are you okay?" Poppy slowly advances towards Fector.

Ooc: What's a psionic mind blast? Do I want one?

"Fector? Are you okay?" Poppy slowly advances towards Fector.

'Gabble-da... Gobble-da....'

Fector stares vacantly at the wall.

Suddenly the expression clears.

'What? Who are you - where am I?'

Fector looks up at Poppy, an expression of fear on his face.

• Advertisement

'Gabble-da... Gobble-da....'

Fector stares vacantly at the wall.

Suddenly the expression clears.

'What? Who are you - where am I?'

Fector looks up at Poppy, an expression of fear on his face.

"I'm Poppy, you're Fector. You're in a room with two friends. Don't worry, you're safe. You seem to have had some sort of seizure. How are you feeling?"

"I'm Poppy, you're Fector. You're in a room with two friends. Don't worry, you're safe. You seem to have had some sort of seizure. How are you feeling?"

'I...I'm fine. I remember sitting in the chair... then... blinding pain. What happened?'

Fector stumbles to his feet and looks at Poppy, mouth hanging open and a small line of drool hanging from the side of it.

'I...I'm fine. I remember sitting in the chair... then... blinding pain. What happened?'

Fector stumbles to his feet and looks at Poppy, mouth hanging open and a small line of drool hanging from the side of it.

"Looks like something went through your brain. Bit like electroconvulsive therapy. You might feel better than before. Anyway, you're fine. How about we try to talk to the humanoid in the cage to see if has any useful info?"

'Way the lead, lass'

Fector wobbles a bit on his one good leg.

"Okay Fector. I've tried talking to the humanoid in the cell. Perhaps he'll be more responsive to you? Try talking to him." Poppy leads Fector over to the humanoid's cell.

The humanoid is still cowering in the corner of the cell. Fector follows Poppy over to the cell, still wobbling a little bit.

Poppy takes her waterskin out of her bag and pours some into the cap. She reaches through the bars of the door and puts the cap onto the floor of the cell. "Would you like some water?"

The man suddenly turns and looks at Poppy.

'GET AWAY!'

He lunges at her....

OOC: Roll Dexterity, d20 on rolz

The naked man lunges at Poppy, who tries to avoid the swipe. Her arm gets caught in the bars of the cell and he swipes at her with his filthy, sharpened black nails, slicing her across the upper forearm (OOC: 5HP lost)

She finally gets her arm out and the man immediately retreats back to the corner of his cell and resumes rocking back and forth in a foetal position.

"Okay Fector. We'll just have to leave that creature there. Don't see any point in engaging with the rest." Poppy washes her wound with water and covers it with a strip of cloth. She examines the walls of the room to see if there is anything of interest.

• Advertisement

"Okay Fector. We'll just have to leave that creature there. Don't see any point in engaging with the rest." Poppy washes her wound with water and covers it with a strip of cloth. She examines the walls of the room to see if there is anything of interest.

Nothing save for the cells on the back wall.

Poppy quietly approaches the cell with the humanoid and tries to lock the door using the key she found.

The cell unlocks easily.

As the door swings open the male continues to cower at the back of the cell, the tube still attached to his naval.

OOC: Just to clarify, the man is in cell #4. Cell #1 is open already. You have just unlocked cell #4

Poppy locks cell no.4 again. Poppy considers charming Fector into approaching the creature but decides it would be unfair to take advantage. She leaves the cell and examines the empty cells. She notices the hexagonal holes beneath each lock. She takes a crystal out of her bag and inserts it into the hole in cell no. 2's wall.

A loud suction noise emanates from Cell 2 as the crystal is inserted. The pipe in the center of the room appears to be trying to drain the contents, however nothing is attached.

Poppy returns to cell no.4. She takes out the last crystal and inserts it in the hexagonal hole before jumping back.

Poppy returns to cell no.4. She takes out the last crystal and inserts it in the hexagonal hole before jumping back.

The suction noise starts up again and the cowering man starts to scream in agony.

The pipe first drains him from the inside, then slowly begins to pull his drained body up the pipe, and he disappears with a loud 'Shlock' sound.

The crystal glows bright in the hole outside the cell now.

Poppy has mixed feelings but decides that the man's pain is over now. She takes the crystal and moves on the next occupied cell and puts the crystal in the hole.

• Advertisement

Poppy has mixed feelings but decides that the man's pain is over now. She takes the crystal and moves on the next occupied cell and puts the crystal in the hole.

The contents are again sucked up the pipe but nothing happens to the crystal this time.

Advertisement