Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Lalwende pulls the lever gently and steps back.

Ooc sorry gone for 50 mins.

An audible click is heard and the wall shifts in front of Lalwende's eyes, revealing a small room.

She can make out a crypt of some description by the north wall, surrounded by small candles. There is writing in what appears to be Elvish on the side of the crypt, but she cannot make it out from her current position.

latest?cb=20170424010150

No exits appear to be inside the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Meera takes aim at the switch.....

Meera nocks an arrow and lines up her target. She fires the arrow and it slides past the scythe and connects with the button square.

The button is pushed back and the scythe gives a final swoosh before locking in place on the south wall.

Meera nods with satisfaction and moves past the scythe. [OOC: I have low level vision iirc, what can I see past the scythe]

Meera can make out that the passage winds south again a little further up.

• Advertisement

Meera moves forward cautiously, scanning for traps, and keeping an arrow nocked loosely in her bow.

No traps that Meera can see. As she turns the corner, her feet suddenly start to squelch. She looks down......

It is water.

The south passage goes downhill slightly. There is a west turn halfway down, but from here it is difficult to gauge how deep the water is at the west turn.

Further to the south, she can see the passage submerges underwater.

Meera returns to the group treating Stu. 'I hope everyone can swim as it seems the way ahead is submerged. Although I'm not sure this gentleman (points at stu on the ground) should be swimming in his current condition. Perhaps we should go the other way?'

[OOC: was there another way? I need a freakin map]

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Meera returns to the group treating Stu. 'I hope everyone can swim as it seems the way ahead is submerged. Although I'm not sure this gentleman (points at stu on the ground) should be swimming in his current condition. Perhaps we should go the other way?'

[OOC: was there another way? I need a freakin map]

OOC: At the stairs you came in from, there were two passages, one heading south, and one heading east. You, and the others in your group are currently travelling that east passage.

• Advertisement

OOC: At the stairs you came in from, there were two passages, one heading south, and one heading east. You, and the others in your group are currently travelling that east passage.

[OOC: I've drawn a crude map. Thanks.]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

An audible click is heard and the wall shifts in front of Lalwende's eyes, revealing a small room.

She can make out a crypt of some description by the north wall, surrounded by small candles. There is writing in what appears to be Elvish on the side of the crypt, but she cannot make it out from her current position.

latest?cb=20170424010150

No exits appear to be inside the room.

Given her interest in history, Lalwende moves forward into the crypt wondering if there are any skeletons around. She approaches the crypt carefully and, using her ability to read and speak Elvish, she tries to read what is written.

Given her interest in history, Lalwende moves forward into the crypt wondering if there are any skeletons around. She approaches the crypt carefully and, using her ability to read and speak Elvish, she tries to read what is written.

The crypt is of magnificent design. On closer inspection, the Elvish writing reads:

Here Lies Sandor, King of The Black Gate Forest

The crypt is of magnificent design. On closer inspection, the Elvish writing reads:

Here Lies Sandor, King of The Black Gate Forest

Using her ability to detect hidden doors, Lalwende searches for a way to open the magnificent coffin while thinking to herself that this might not be a good idea. "Never mind," she thinks "Faint heart never won fair gold."

No hidden doors visible to Lalwende, but the top of the crypt seems loose and able to slide away freely.

Taking a deep breath, Lalwende slides the top of the crypt to one side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stufur stands up very slowly and gently, thanking Stu and Webby.

"A close...argh....one lads

Perhaps I shall hang back"

He sees the opened tomb room.

"So what is this then?"

Seeing the young Elf about to open the crypt, Stufur shouts.

"Don't!! I am already injured, lest there be traps it should be me."

Lalwende steps aside to let Stufur approach the crypt. "Do you have trap detecting ability?"

Taking a deep breath, Lalwende slides the top of the crypt to one side.

Lalwende slides the top of the crypt off easy enough. A small poison dart falls at her feet, the mechanism obviously faulty.

Within the crypt lies a pale man, with a jewelled sword clasped in both hands across his chest. His eyes are closed and he has the appearance of being dead.

vampire.jpg

• Advertisement

Wondering if he really is dead, Lalwende tries to use her charm person spell. Such a fine looking man might be useful as a friend, protector and as a, well who knows?

Stufur breathes a sigh of relief and walks to the crypt.

He looks at the man to determine his race.

Wondering if he really is dead, Lalwende tries to use her charm person spell. Such a fine looking man might be useful as a friend, protector and as a, well who knows?

The Charm Person spell hits the figure, but there is no reaction.
    Fourier wrote: »
    Stufur breathes a sigh of relief and walks to the crypt.

He looks at the man to determine his race.

Seems to be of elven origin. Stufur can see by the ornate designs and construction of the crypt that the figure is a high elf.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby walks over to the crypt, initially shocked by what he is seeing, he is quickly comforted by the ease at which everyone is hanging around the crypt.

As he walks in he hears Lalwende chanting something, though it is unclear to Webby what she is looking to do... "He is dead already, surely... right?"...

Webby walks to the crypt and looks for handles on the coffin, he feels uneasy by this apparent 'King' and wishes to hinder the rise of the dead. If he is able to find anything, like a handle, he will be tying his magical rope accross the now open coffin to prevent a sudden rise.

"I really.... REALLY want to use this lovely rope.." he mutters to the group, who look at him puzzled by what he is doing.

Lalwende gently checks for a pulse and breath.

Webby walks to the crypt and looks for handles on the coffin, he feels uneasy by this apparent 'King' and wishes to hinder the rise of the dead. If he is able to find anything, like a handle, he will be tying his magical rope accross the now open coffin to prevent a sudden rise.

Webby finds nothing to secure the rope with. The inside of the crypt is sparse, of plain design in comparison to the exterior. The jewelled sword in the figures hands gleams a bit in the candlelight.

Lalwende gently checks for a pulse and breath.

Lalwende cannot find either.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby picks up the torch dropped by his party earlier and moves the light a bit closer, to closer inspect the gem and sword.

Webby picks up the torch dropped by his party earlier and moves the light a bit closer, to closer inspect the gem and sword.

The jewels appear to be embedded in the sword, by some form of magic. It is a greatsword, much too heavy for Webby to wield.

• Advertisement

Meera keeps back and stand in the door with one foot on either side of the threshold. She tightens her grip on her bow. 'I do not think it wise to meddle with dead kings. Is this not what got you people into this situation in the first place?'

Advertisement