Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Webby now starts to panick, he looks up to the ceiling in the hope there is something of interest there... if not on the walls.

Nothing of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby pulls out his grappling hook from his bag and unties the bloodstained rag rope from it.

He hops onto the coffin and wraps the rope around the handle of the sword... "Mind giving me a hand with this?"

He steps away from the coffin, with the rope in his hand, beckoning Stufur over, to help him pull the rope back and hopefully pull back the sword.

Webby waits to see what Stufur thinks of this approach.

Fourier wrote: »
    "Oh dear!

Well Webby we are trapped. I doubt the door can be lifted. Tomb is high elven, perhaps they used a hidden exit for the room, perhaps not"

Stufur begins his search.

Stufur finds no exits save for the one they entered through.

Webby pulls out his grappling hook from his bag and unties the bloodstained rag rope from it.

He hops onto the coffin and wraps the rope around the handle of the sword... "Mind giving me a hand with this?"

He steps away from the coffin, with the rope in his hand, beckoning Stufur over, to help him pull the rope back and hopefully pull back the sword.

Webby waits to see what Stufur thinks of this approach.

OOC: Webby, roll Dexterity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Meera inspects the alcove doorway for evidence of a handle or trigger to reopen the door.

*Cough*

• Advertisement

Meera inspects the alcove doorway for evidence of a handle or trigger to reopen the door.

She finds a small lever at the base of the alcove.

The mere touch of the sword causes the figure's eyes to fly open.

He leaps from his tomb, rage in his eyes, the eyes completely white.

Webby dives out of the way and the figure rushes Stufur....

OOC: Stufur, Dex check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Guffy wrote: »
    Echtrae feels alone, so alone and knows its not good for his safety. He travels back the corridor looking for any sign of where is fellowship have gone to, studying the walls as he goes.

Ooc: would i have seen them go into the door? Sufur seemed to go from lying to walking in the door hut unsure if door is further back the corridor

Echtrae makes his way back through the corridor searching for any signs of his party.

She finds a small lever at the base of the alcove.

She flips the lever and stands back from the door.

Webby, still holding on to the bloodstained rope, clenches it in between his fists and gets ready to lunge at the figure rushing stufur.

OOC: Unsure whether I can jump on his back? using the rope on his neck to hold on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu dives at the legs of the rushing figure to try trip it up

Webby, still holding on to the bloodstained rope, clenches it in between his fists and gets ready to lunge at the figure rushing stufur.

OOC: Unsure whether I can jump on his back? using the rope on his neck to hold on?
    Kolido wrote: »
    Stu dives at the legs of the rushing figure to try trip it up

OOC: Dex Check, both of you.

She flips the lever and stands back from the door.

The door slides open again and as she does, she sees the figure rushing Stufur.

OOC: Holding for Stufur to roll before other actions happen.

She raises her bow and draws back in anticipation of a clear shot at the figure.

[OOC: will pause until my turn]

Echtrae hears the door slide open and rushes to be greeted by the kerfuffel within.

Ooc: awaiting sufur's roll nefore i try something lame and pointless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: Sorry I've been gone so long, bloody work! DM, can you let me know whereabouts I am? I assume I'm outside of the room, but not sure where. Thanks...

jasonb wrote: »
    OOC: Sorry I've been gone so long, bloody work! DM, can you let me know whereabouts I am? I assume I'm outside of the room, but not sure where. Thanks...

OOC: No worries. Yes, you are just outside the opening with the remainder of the party, with the exception of Aesc. Stufur, Webby and Lalwende are the only ones in the room at this point. Aesc is positioned in the south corridor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende turns to Stufur. "Hey handsome, what's your name?".

Echtrae looks to either side of the door (in the hall) to see if he can tie his silk rope across the front of the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Brutha raises his Mace in case the figure within makes a break for it out of the door. Then he shouts out "Brothers and Sister, please stop this madness! Let us at least talk to this stranger before we fight without reason!"

• Advertisement

Stufur tries to dodge, but the figure is much too quick for him.

The party catches the glint of sharp fangs as the figure sinks his teeth into the little elves neck.

The figure embraces Stufur like a lover, to the party it almost looks like they are dancing. He drinks his fill of the remaining lifeblood left in Stufur, before withdrawing from the bite.

He tenderly places the elf on the floor of the crypt, before turning around.

'WHO DARES DISTURB MY SLUMBER!' the creature roars.

83443-1-1493630211.jpg

Webby faces creature. "You took a victim undeserved! You killed my companion you fiend! It was I who awoke you... though i wish i hadn't" he says as he tries to make himself look bigger.

Webby faces creature. "You took a victim undeserved! You killed my companion you fiend! It was I who awoke you... though i wish i hadn't" he says as he tries to make himself look bigger.

Sandor turns and regards the halfling with malice.

'You? You tried to steal my sword and broke the spell that held me here.

A spell I had them do, myself. You are to blame halfling, not I.'

He looks around at Stufur's lifeless body and sighs.

'After years of slumber I could not control myself. I am calmer now.'

He regards Meera at the door.

'Drop your bow, elf. Lest more of you come to the same end as your kin.'

Sandor turns and regards the halfling with malice.

'You? You tried to steal my sword and broke the spell that held me here.

A spell I had them do, myself. You are to blame halfling, not I.'

He looks around at Stufur's lifeless body and sighs.

'After years of slumber I could not control myself. I am calmer now.'

He regards Meera at the door.

'Drop your bow, elf. Lest more of you come to the same end as your kin.'

Meera lowers the bow slightly but doesn't relax. 'Who are you and what do you want from us?'

Meera lowers the bow slightly but doesn't relax. 'Who are you and what do you want from us?'

'What do I want from you? It is you who awoke me.

As for my name - I am Sandor. In life, I was a King....'

He shakes his head.

'But no more. The question should be - what reason have you for disturbing my slumber?'

"The reason was fear, Sandor, and it was me who awoke you"... Webby explains "I acted without thinking, not realizing what might occur when touching the sword" he sighs as he realises it was not the smartest move.

"I did not intend to steal, but rather to flee this labyrinth we have been locked into... I just did not want to die in the grave of another".

Webby steps forward to Sandor and bows before him... "It is my mistake and my life that is owed to you, can you undo what you did?" he begs of him.

"Yeah, it was Webby alright. But you wouldn't have met me if he didn't wake you. I am Lalwende. My mother is Queen Caoimhghin of the Galtees, a vast kingdom. She would pay handsomely to see me protected."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector catches up with Echtrae after changing direction. "What have I missed?"

Ooc: sorry guys missed 100 posts, have caught up but think we are stuck outside while others are inside?

Echtrae looks at Stafur, curious at how carefully Sandor placed him down.

"Is he dead?", Echtrae queries pointing at Stafur.

• Advertisement

Lalwende decides she should try to charm Sandor using a spell.

Advertisement