Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Webby steps forward to Sandor and bows before him... "It is my mistake and my life that is owed to you, can you undo what you did?" he begs of him.

"Undo? Return him to life? Thou art small of stature but never the less a colossus of foolhardiness."

He looks wistfully past the halfling.

"Life.... When Sandor's heart yet beat indeed he did bring life. Life to forest and farmstead. In the dancing flames of my castles great hearth, in the gold and spices that flowed like sweet summer wine through our ports, in the musical laughter of my lands' comely maidens and aye, life in their bellies if a wink and a smile from Sandor they returned. Many's the night I'd lay with 3, 4, half a score and..."
    He looks around and clears his throat.
    "Ahem. But now Sandor is gone and all that remains is this.... this wretched shell, this cankered monument to death and all that is vile."

He picks up Stufur's corpse, placing it in his coffin then returns to Webby, kneeling before him.

"You ask me to undo what is done? Alas, if I could I would be as I was and long buried by the sides of half a scor- that is to say, I cannot. But return him? I fear that that very much lies within my power. I beg of you - do not let him become as I am - an amoral beast of appetite . Destroy him now, while you still can!"

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby looks at Sandor, now directly before him "While it is true, the beast I had awoken acted more in instinct than thought, it is he who is before me that is someone entirely different. Someone who has loved and someone who has lost, you do not seem a beast nor the amoral type... We all have our weaknesses, it seems cowardice is mine..."

Webby lays his hand onto Sandor's head "Stufur deserves a second chance, and if blood needs to be given to make him the man again who he once was, it will be mine I will offer".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende is bored by the bromance developing in front of her and puts her spell away. "Um, Sandor? Can you fix the Stufur creature or not?"

Lalwende is bored by the bromance developing in front of her and puts her spell away. "Um, Sandor? Can you fix the Stufur creature or not?"

"Sweet elf, there was a time when one such as you would awaken such an appetite as would set us both aflame... But that man is gone. As is your 'Stufur'.

Even now his body stirs! Please! End this evil while there's still time!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: The undead are stereotyped as an 'evil', don't give into hate guys.

• Advertisement

ooc : quiet you! You died! Con roll pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Seeing what is transpiring in the room, Brutha takes his Holy Water out of his pack and steps towards the door. "Quickly, we must decide, do we want Stufur back as an undead or not? Can we trust his instincts when he re-awakes and is hungry?"

"Sweet elf, there was a time when one such as you would awaken such an appetite as would set us both aflame... But that man is gone. As is your 'Stufur'.

Even now his body stirs! Please! End this evil while there's still time!"

"It's no skin off my nose. I know you as well as I know him. Here's a thought Sandor. Why don't you kill him and then we will kill you? That way both evil people die."

"No, I refuse to accept you are only beast... please allow Stufur to join your ranks"...

ooc : Fourier rolled a natural 20 on his Con roll. He was aiming for a low number, so this is a critical failure.

With that in mind...

In the coffin Stufur begins to convulse, his back arching unnaturally, his limbs rattling against the casket's innards. Suddenly the rattling stops. There's a pause, and then in a blur Stufur is crouched on his feet and launching through the air at Webby.

ooc : Dex roll Webby , and for the love of God please pass

• Advertisement

Lalwende brushes Sandor's manly thigh while wrapping her arms around him and gazing deeply into his eyes with her wide brown eyes. "Protect me please?" she whispers.

Lalwende brushes Sandor's manly thigh while wrapping her arms around him and gazing deeply into his eyes with her wide brown eyes. "Protect me please?" she whispers.

"Unhand my foul flesh of thine slender probing digits, lest I corrupt thee with my dispicableness!" Sandor wails, her firm grip hampering him as he tries to intervene in Stufur's attack.

Lalwende moves away from Sandor and presses her back against the wall. She slips her hand inside her shirt and grips the handle of her hidden dagger. Furtively she glances from side to side looking for any possible way out with her infravision.

Ooc : a bare pass for Webby.

Stufur flies through the air, a floppy tube of intestine trailing behind him from the torn open belly wound. Landing a few feet from Webby, his momentum carries him along far enough to grab Webby's left leg like a vice and plunge his nascent fangs in.

Ooc : -2hp for Webby, +2hp for Stufur

His eyes roll back in his head as he feasts on the halfling.

Lalwende moves away from Sandor and presses her back against the wall. She slips her hand inside her shirt and grips the handle of her hidden dagger. Furtively she glances from side to side looking for any possible way out with her infravision.

Ooc : just the door you came in by.

Lalwende decides she's going to be next and anyway the halfling is kinda cute. She decides to launch a breath attack on Stufur. While she readies herself, she calls to Sandor "Kill him!" She then changes her mind and runs to the door through which she entered. She searches for a lever to release the lock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae steps back from the door.

"Close it!!", he shouts at Lalwende. "Weber get the feck out of there".

Ecthrae ties the rope at shin height across the door. "Lalwende get that dagger ready, aim for the heart".

Webby grabs one of his arrows and jabs it into Stufur's face

"No problem, I'll do that." she answers. Lalwende stands by the door and waits to see how the fight turns out. Rather than adopt a fighting stance she readies herself to flee.

Sandor rises to his feet so he can dramatically fall to his knees and cry "I can not! He is flesh of mine sickened flesh! Brothers are we in this eternal night, bound forever by the red lust! "
    He spreads his arms wide, bellowing at the ceiling.

In the corridor, Lalwende finds the lever where she left it. The door closes

Ooc : pause for others!

• Advertisement

Ooc Am I outside or inside the crypt now?

Ooc : well you all arrived very suddenly. Lalwende is back in the corridor. Webby, gimme a to-hit roll, melee.
    Echtrae ties one end of his rope to the lever and stares frustratedly at the other end, having nothing else to tie it to.

Lalwende makes her way south to a torch lit room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

Fector arrives behind Echtrae as a new face emerges from a room. "Who are you now? So many new faces, what was all the commotion?"

Lalwende makes her way south to a torch lit room.

Before she moves, she notes that the passage outside Sandor's room runs East to west

OOC: As the door closes Webby withdraws attack? Or auto-roll for me (on mobile, no access to rollzpage)

Lalwende spots a discarded copy of a map. It shows her that there is exploration to be done through a door. She heads west then south and approaches a door on the left of the corridor. It is gloomy and she can't see if it is open or shut.

OOC: As the door closes Webby withdraws attack? Or auto-roll for me (on mobile, no access to rollzpage)
    Webby stabs at Stufurs face with an arrow, puncturing an eye; the arrow did not plunge deep and so withdraws cleanly, leaving the eyeball behind though totally ruptured. The shock causes Stufur to release Webbys leg and skitter backwards. His appetite sated, he seems more panicked now than aggressive.

Ooc : stufur -2hp. four, you're back in control. It was Stufurs right eye, when it stops oozing it will be blood red and useless. -1 to Dex rolls due to depth perception issues. And it needs medical attention or you'll get an infection.
    And I'm off to sleep. Nn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Stufur howls in pain and clasps his eye.

"Does anybody have something for this eye" he shouts rolling on the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: DM when you're back awake can you give us a sitrep for where we all are?

Advertisement