Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    [OOC: DM when you're back awake can you give us a sitrep for where we all are?

OOC: Stufur, Webby and Sandor are all locked inside the room by Lalwende. The others are positioned outside the door with the exception of Aesc who is in the south corridor and Lalwende who has moved down to the door in the south corridor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

[OOC: thanking you]

'So what are we going to do? We either leave Webby to his fate within this room or we try to rescue him and kill the abominations. Stufur seems weak and new so he can probably be taken out easily enough [famous last words] but I feel that the king will be more difficult to thwart. I think it unwise to allow these things to continue to exist'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu arms himself with a small dagger, "what's the plan friends"

ooc: sorry wasn't around yesterday evening. Game is going a bit faster than I expected, I will try to keep up. Does it pause over weekend?

Kolido wrote: »
    Stu arms himself with a small dagger, "what's the plan friends"

ooc: sorry wasn't around yesterday evening. Game is going a bit faster than I expected, I will try to keep up. Does it pause over weekend?

OOC: Post coming in Off Topic Thread regarding that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

"Gah, newcomer, i do not know. My original party seems to be no more. I have a level of protection from his attacks but i cannot fathom how to take the king down, although he seems a reasonable and remorseful. Can we use this? I'm reluctant to leave poor webby to his faith."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

OOC: Missed a good bit but have read through what I missed, we're outside of a hidden door that has closed, some of the crew are inside, we dont know whats going on in there, yeah? Also, I didn't die while I was away did I?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: No worries. Yes, you are just outside the opening with the remainder of the party, with the exception of Aesc. Stufur, Webby and Lalwende are the only ones in the room at this point. Aesc is positioned in the south corridor.
    Alone in the poorly lit corridor Aesc moves cautiously south along the passage, sticking to the shadows, moving as quietly as he can.

OOC: Apologies for the lack of activity. RL got a hold of me. Am catching up on the action and I'll retcon any actions that may be paradoxical.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

OOC: Can I (once again) try a Turn Undead with the door closed, or does it have to be open? Am I right in thinking that the door can only be opened on the outside, and the switch inside the room only closes the door?

OldGoat wrote: »
    Alone in the poorly lit corridor Aesc moves cautiously south along the passage, sticking to the shadows, moving as quietly as he can.

OOC: Apologies for the lack of activity. RL got a hold of me. Am catching up on the action and I'll retcon any actions that may be paradoxical.

Aesc reaches the end of the south corridor and stands in front of a door that leads east.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende tends to her nails while she waits for the gloom to lift so that she might see if the door is open or shut.

• Advertisement

Lalwende tends to her nails while she waits for the gloom to lift so that she might see if the door is open or shut.

The door is shut.

The young thief pauses, listens and checks the door for traps before trying to open it.

The young thief pauses, listens and checks the door for traps before trying to open it.

No traps that Aesc can find. The door appears unlocked.

The door is shut.

Lalwende scans the door looking for a way of opening it. She uses her detect hidden or secret doors lest there be another way into the space beyond the door.

Ooc are Asec and I at the same door?

Lalwende scans the door looking for a way of opening it. She uses her detect hidden or secret doors lest there be another way into the space beyond the door.

There is a handle on the door, like most doors tend to have.

Lalwende notices that the gloom has lifted and spots a handle which she tentatively turns while opening the door.

Lalwende notices that the gloom has lifted and spots a handle which she tentatively turns while opening the door.

The door swings outwards into the corridor. Lalwende can make out a large room, it is well lit but the features are hard to make out from the corridor.

Using her infravision, Lalwende peers into the room scanning for any movement, creatures or traps.

jasonb wrote: »
    OOC: Can I (once again) try a Turn Undead with the door closed, or does it have to be open? Am I right in thinking that the door can only be opened on the outside, and the switch inside the room only closes the door?

OOC: Door is currently sealed. You would have to open it to attempt Turn Undead.

• Advertisement

Using her infravision, Lalwende peers into the room scanning for any movement, creatures or traps.

Nothing she can make out from the corridor.

Ooc are Asec and I at the same door?
    ?

Aesc opens the door.

Lalwende cautiously enters the room and looks for any source of light that she might find.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Nebelwerfer

Webby grabs the torch, holds an arrow head up against until it glows red. Presses it against his bite and cauterizes the wound.

Webby grabs the rope he fashioned from rags, puts it on the ground and lights it on fire, then grabs his magical rope and wraps it, tightly above the wound...

He looks up at Stufur and Sandor and says "I know this is a pointless effort, but hoping for a silver lining anyway... Finish it if you must"...

Lalwende cautiously enters the room and looks for any source of light that she might find.

As Lalwende steps through the door, one of the tiles beneath her moves.

A dart fires out of the side of the door into her leg.

OOC: 1HP damage, Lalwende

?

Aesc opens the door.

OOC: Aesc and Lalwende are at the same door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Echtrae enters the room ahead of Aesc in an attempt to attract the attention of the dead.

"Sandor, what of your remours? Surely you cannot live to take another life."

Thought Aesc was at my door sorry, ignore above if not to late

"Ouch" Lalwende removes the dart and searches extremely carefully for any other traps on the floor while examining the room in great detail.

Guffy wrote: »
    Echtrae enters the room ahead of Aesc in an attempt to attract the attention of the dead.

"Sandor, what of your remours? Surely you cannot live to take another life."

OOC: Echtrae, the door is sealed. Aesc and Lalwende are at the door in the south corridor

• Advertisement

"Ouch" Lalwende removes the dart and searches extremely carefully for any other traps on the floor while examining the room in great detail.

As Lalwende looks around the room, she notices it is quite large.

A set of demonic war masks hangs on the East wall.

RB68265xl.jpg

Someone has scrawled runes upon the North wall.

A fountain lies in the middle of the room, and pools of a silver liquid run from it into a seperate small pool.

An archway lies to the South, and a door to the South-East.

Advertisement