Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Beginner's Game: Act 1, Scene 3: The Hunted

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Aesc has given up trying to remember who is who as new faces keep appearing. "Hope that was not poisoned" he says helpfully to the elf.
    He looks at the tiles and attempts to remove the trap.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Lalwende notices runes on the wall. Using her ability to read magic and various languages, she attempts to read the runes. "Not so far" she says to Asec.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭The Dungeon Master

Lalwende notices runes on the wall. Using her ability to read magic and various languages, she attempts to read the runes.

OOC: Roll Intelligence on rolz, command is d20-1

Ooc: 16

OldGoat wrote: »
    Aesc has given up trying to remember who is who as new faces keep appearing. "Hope that was not poisoned" he says helpfully to the elf.
    He looks at the tiles and attempts to remove the trap.

The mechanism is too complex for Aesc to attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

OOC: Where am I at the moment? (9lives)

Ooc: 16

OOC: Can't see the roll. This room:

The Meatgrinder

OOC: Can't see the roll. This room:

The Meatgrinder

Ooc: sorry went to Traveller room

Lalwende can make out that they are scrawled in Goblin, an incredibly crude form of writing.

The runes read:

"Upon the fifth day of the Year of Mirrors, in the Desert of Mist, the Black Castle shall be destroyed"

Aesc learn what he can from the trap then carefully steps around it intop the room.
    "Do those scrawls mean anything you? If it's not common I'm stumped."

The glyphs hold no interest to him so he heads to the fountain and looks inside trying to see if there is anything at the bottom of it, like coin in the wishing well that he used to pocket to feed himself as a boy growing up on the streets.

• Advertisement

Lalwende notes the message. She turns to the others in the room. "It says something about a dead king being buried in a crypt somewhere. Can't really make it out.". She approaches the fountain and puts the point of her dagger into the silver pool.

The glyphs hold no interest to him so he heads to the fountain and looks inside trying to see if there is anything at the bottom of it, like coin in the wishing well that he used to pocket to feed himself as a boy growing up on the streets.

Aesc cannot see the bottom of the fountain through the silver liquid.

Lalwende notes the message. She turns to the others in the room. "It says something about a dead king being buried in a crypt somewhere. Can't really make it out.". She approaches the fountain and puts the point of her dagger into the silver pool.

The liguid rolls off the dagger. It has the consistency of water.

conor222 wrote: »
    OOC: Where am I at the moment? (9lives)

OOC: Outside the crypt with the main party.

Aesc listens to the elfs translation of the scrawl. "A dead king? Is that the one we were supposed to have killed do ya think? ****ing dead kings will be the death of me. Wish I had a flask to take some of this stuff, looks like magic or alchemical, could probably sell it for a fair bit of coin."

He moves from the fountain to check out the pool.

9lives looks to see if he can find a latch or some type of mechanism to open the door

Lalwende turns to Asec. "Hey, where did you get all of those muscles?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

"9lives, get your dagger ready"

Echtrae opens door, surveying the scene he sees an injured Weber with bow in hand, Sandor and a poor sufur tremmering on the floor.

He catches Weber's eye as in nods to the bow.

"Sandor stop," he yells.

"Surely you cannot bear the pain of taking another life, allow Weber come with us and you can return to your eternal slumber."

9 lives slides back from the door and notches an arrow in his bow, ready to fire at speed if needed

Echtrae steps to the side, opposite Weber. Hoping 9lives has a clear shot and goes unseen.

• Advertisement

Echtrae steps to the side, opposite Weber. Hoping 9lives has a clear shot and goes unseen.

Lalwende takes out her flask and fills it with silver liquid from the fountain. She then examines each of the masks very carefully looking for hidden/secret doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stu tries to put into perspective where everyone is, he turns to the party "should we try to release the other 3 or are we moving on for now?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Meera pulls her bow taut and prepares to fire. She aims straight for the heart of Stufur.

Lalwende turns to Asec. "Hey, where did you get all of those muscles?"
    Aesc flexs with muscles resembling knots in twine.
    "Stole 'em."

OOC: Str 8. I think I have negative muscles. :)

He wanders over to check out the mask on the wall.

"Nah, I'd say they're homegrown. Tell me, is that handsome face homegrown too?" Lalwende sidles up to Aesc brushing his hand with her thigh as she leans into his face. Her large brown eyes focus on Aesc's eyes. "Do your people procreate much?"

"Nah, I'd say they're homegrown. Tell me, is that handsome face homegrown too?" Lalwende sidles up to Aesc brushing his hand with her thigh as she leans into his face. Her large brown eyes focus on Aesc's eyes. "Do your people procreate much?"
    "I have a boyfriend, well, really he's halforcboy. He's a bard, ever hear of Mags Roarch? He's the dreamiest."

"I have a boyfriend, well, really he's halforcboy. He's a bard, ever hear of Mags Roarch? He's the dreamiest."

"Okay. And is Mags here? Because if halforcboy isn't here then he isn't here." Lalwende slips her hand into Aesc's hand.

Guffy wrote: »
    "9lives, get your dagger ready"

Echtrae opens door, surveying the scene he sees an injured Weber with bow in hand, Sandor and a poor sufur tremmering on the floor.

He catches Weber's eye as in nods to the bow.

"Sandor stop," he yells.

"Surely you cannot bear the pain of taking another life, allow Weber come with us and you can return to your eternal slumber."

The entrance to the crypt has been replaced by a stone wall. Echtrae tries to push and shove the stone wall out of the way but it won't budge.

• Advertisement

"Okay. And is Mags here? Because if halforcboy isn't here then he isn't here." Lalwende slips her hand into Aesc's hand.
    "Madam, please desist, I'm saving myself for marriage!"
    Asec pickpockets the elf while she is distracted trying to distract him.
    "Besides, you don't have the right bodyparts for my tastes."

He puts a step between them and returns to checking the mask.

Advertisement