Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from BusinessOnLine to 365

Options
  • 24-04-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi for any BOI customers

Has anyone moved their business account from BOL to 365? I use Xero and the feeds are only available in 365.. also it seems easier to use 365 with the app etc

Is the transfer seamless and takes in overdraft, direct debits, standing order etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I didn't know the Xero feed was only available for 365 - is that 100% the case?

We're on 365 but I was expecting we'd move to BusinessOnLine at some point down the line, but not now if it doesn't feed into Xero.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 aosaigh

Cianos wrote: »

We're on 365 but I was expecting we'd move to BusinessOnLine at some point down the line, but not now if it doesn't feed into Xero.
    I really wouldn't do that. You pay 10/month for it and you can't see transactions > 90 days, nor can you export any statements (without paying a much higher monthly rate). There's no feeds and no CSVs available. It's an absolute scam and I honestly cannot wait to move away from BOI for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jacksn

Xero definitely doesn't work with BOI online.. I was told by my accountant that going the opposite way was possible, but wanted to see if it was "fuss free"

Just onto BOI there and the process is straight forward, they are sending me forms by email to fill out and drop into branch.

Everything then is seamless, overdraft, dd's, standing orders are all transferred over. I have to setup payees from scratch and there is a daily limit of 10k to payees.. this ill be ok with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

As aosaigh said, do not do that. Bad idea. I would move business banks (and yes, I know exactly how much hassle that is) before using BOL ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 aosaigh

jacksn wrote: »
    Just onto BOI there and the process is straight forward, they are sending me forms by email to fill out and drop into branch.

Everything then is seamless, overdraft, dd's, standing orders are all transferred over. I have to setup payees from scratch and there is a daily limit of 10k to payees.. this ill be ok with that!
    How Who did you call to organise? I'd love to move from BOL to 365.

aosaigh wrote: »

I called my business rep to do it. They sorted it out within about a week for me. Usual bits and pieces to sign but easy done.

aosaigh wrote: »

PM your email and ill forward them to you, you can fill out and drop into your branch.

jacksn wrote: »
    Has anyone moved their business account from BOL to 365? I use Xero and the feeds are only available in 365.. also it seems easier to use 365 with the app etc

Is the transfer seamless and takes in overdraft, direct debits, standing order etc?

Missed the original question, apologies. Yes, it was seamless for me, maintained overdraft, DD's, etc. The only change was to the interface that I use to access online, rather than the account itself. Plus the outrageous BOL fees no longer charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Trojan wrote: »
    As aosaigh said, do not do that. Bad idea. I would move business banks (and yes, I know exactly how much hassle that is) before using BOL ever again.

Yikes. Will be sticking with 365online so!

Does anyone else find the bank feed into Xero very slow for 365online? My Xero feed is usually 3-4 days behind irrespective of business days or not.

Is that normal or just mine?

• Advertisement
Advertisement