Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seeking Divorce. Spouses whereabouts unknown

• 24-04-2018 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I understand that if the whereabouts of a spouse is unknown, and the remaining partner wants a divorce, there is a mechanism whereby you can advertise in a newspaper circulating in his/her last known place of residence looking for information on him/her. If no results come of that, the Courts will acknowledge that reasonable efforts were made to contact him/her, and allow proceedings to continue.
    Does anybody know if I (remaining spouse) need the prior direction of the Court to do this?

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭oholly121

Im actually in the exact same posistion at the moment - your right in what your saying PM if you like and il try and help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Hey Oholly, you can post here if you wish. Then if someone finds themselves in a similar situation we can return to your post for help. If you don't mind that is. If you don't want to that's ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

If you want to serve the summons via newspaper advertisement, you must get permission of the Court to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

ravima wrote: »
    If you want to serve the summons via newspaper advertisement, you must get permission of the Court to do so.

Thanks, Ravima. Any idea what the first step is? I am trying to avoid big solicitors costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I am.in the same boat, solicitors can't tell me if an ad is sufficient evidence of attempting yo contact him. Getting nowhere with it! Following thread!

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone

Yes the last poster is 100% correct you need to show that you have made resonable attempts to contact your ex

There is a great company I used who do this ( not sure if I can post their details here but you can PM me and I can pass them over to you if you like )

Once you give this company names and last known whereabouts they do a full search for you and usually track these people down in my case it took 3 days and was very resonable priced too

Once they have found persons they can even serve documents on them directly so you dont have to best thing is these guys are recognised by the court so anything they put in writing for you does not need an affitdavid

Id said persons refuses to take documents or you is still evasive then this company supply you a court report and 9/10 the court allow you to place an add in the paper

The add in the paper is usually local in line with what the company has found

I.e Company finds your ex in Limerick you can put and add in the clocal Limerick paper instead of a national paper this is much cheaper

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

oholly121 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone

Yes the last poster is 100% correct you need to show that you have made resonable attempts to contact your ex

There is a great company I used who do this ( not sure if I can post their details here but you can PM me and I can pass them over to you if you like )

Once you give this company names and last known whereabouts they do a full search for you and usually track these people down in my case it took 3 days and was very resonable priced too

Once they have found persons they can even serve documents on them directly so you dont have to best thing is these guys are recognised by the court so anything they put in writing for you does not need an affitdavid

Id said persons refuses to take documents or you is still evasive then this company supply you a court report and 9/10 the court allow you to place an add in the paper

The add in the paper is usually local in line with what the company has found

I.e Company finds your ex in Limerick you can put and add in the clocal Limerick paper instead of a national paper this is much cheaper

Hope this helps

Hiya, would you mind sending me by pm the name and contact info of the company you used please? And also rough cost would be good.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

MaudL wrote: »
    Hiya, would you mind sending me by pm the name and contact info of the company you used please? And also rough cost would be good.
    Thanks!

Me too, please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

And me also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If they are recognized by the courts post it here and I'll add a link in to the helpful numbers thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'd like the number too. My ex is not in Ireland and I have no idea even what country he'd be in. I have googled him and nothing comes up but he was a techno-phobe so I'm not surprised. But no obit comes up so I don't think he's dead. I do have to be careful, if I actually find him he could make life very difficult for me and I don't know if I'm ready for that. :(

Putinbot wrote: »
    Hey Oholly, you can post here if you wish. Then if someone finds themselves in a similar situation we can return to your post for help. If you don't mind that is. If you don't want to that's ok.

Sorry its these guys:

http://themediator.ie/

Advertisement