Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile 15gb SIM only

Options
  • 24-04-2018 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi, I signed up for Eir's unlimited SIM only 30 day rolling contract today. It's supposed to be €15 a month for the first 6 months and I asked the guy in the store to confirm that I could end the contract after 6 months if I want to. He said that I could. However, My Eir says it's an 18 month contract, as does my paper copy of the contract. Guy in store said to ignore what is on the printout. But I am a bit concerned that I might be tied into something I don't want after the 6 months is up.
    Can you clarify, please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

MunsterM wrote: »
    Hi, I signed up for Eir's unlimited SIM only 30 day rolling contract today. It's supposed to be €15 a month for the first 6 months and I asked the guy in the store to confirm that I could end the contract after 6 months if I want to. He said that I could. However, My Eir says it's an 18 month contract, as does my paper copy of  the contract. Guy in store said to ignore what is on the printout. But I am a bit concerned that I might be tied into something I don't want after the 6 months is up.
    Can you clarify, please.
    Hi MunsterM ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

OP it's fairly standard for eir to be telling you different things and sending paperwork with different. Their only explanation normally is "because computer said so".

Had similar issue recently where my contract was meant to expire in few months, but because I made change in my services, their computer system said it's 18 months now.
    While eventually I managed to get out of it, but amount of times I had to explain the whole situation and ask their agents to double check is frighting. Time I lost will never be recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cal_fi

Same here, I signed up today for the SIM only deal today and the helpful CSR said my broadband contract was now also renewed for 18 months. Made me jump at first, but I wasn't even aware that I was out of my previous contract period, so it's all good.

PM sent.
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Thank you.

Thank you.
    No problem at all.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Hi could you confirm if I sign up for this am I tied into an 18 month contract

Thanks

Gotya wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi Gotya,

You would not be tied into an 18-month contract if you take out a sim only plan with ourselves.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

I took out this plan at the end of March, I too was told it was an 18 month contract in the paper that arrived. I wish to cancel this plan now but my account seems to have disappeared from my eir

• Advertisement

Diddleydoo wrote: »
    I took out this plan at the end of March, I too was told it was an 18 month contract in the paper that arrived. I wish to cancel this plan now but my account seems to have disappeared from my eir
    Hi Diddleydoo ,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Diddleydoo

Diddleydoo wrote: »
    Hi Diddleydoo ,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Sorted thank you Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks
    Hi Gotya,

You would not be tied into an 18-month contract if you take out a sim only plan with ourselves.

Thanks

Thomas
    The problem is Thomas, is that the Eir systems dont understand that. The paper contract states 18 months, and the online account also states 18 months while the plan clearly says sim only plan. 

If the IT systems cant understand a 30 day contract, just display nothing rather than giving customers the wrong information. Its not good enough to tell your customers to just ignore it!

Davy wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi Gotya,

Thanks

Thomas
    The problem is Thomas, is that the Eir systems dont understand that. The paper contract states 18 months, and the online account also states 18 months while the plan clearly says sim only plan. 

If the IT systems cant understand a 30 day contract, just display nothing rather than giving customers the wrong information. Its not good enough to tell your customers to just ignore it!
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time and I will be sure to pass your feedback on to our development team.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement