Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going from X to 8/8plus

Options
  • 24-04-2018 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭

So work have finally organised phone upgrades. I’m currently using my own sim free 256GB X but I’m not sold on the weight or Face ID - I’m shortsighted and often hold the phone too close for it to work.

I’m tempted to go for an 8 or even an 8 Plus, but I’m not sure if it’s going to be too much of a downgrade. Has anyone here used both? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Mr.S wrote: »
    The main difference is obviously the screen, specs wise you won’t notice anything largely different apart from the camera on the base 8 version.

Personally I wouldn’t change because the X screen is far to nice. Have you tried rescanning your face on FaceID at a closer distance?

I’ve tried it just now. I’ll see how it goes.

I guess I agree on the screen side if things so I put in for an X but there may be budget constraints so I’ll see what I end up with.

Advertisement