Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Accommodation & property

Options
  • 24-04-2018 9:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭

I have been banned from accommodation & property for being "uncivil". I posted a replica of a post of another user. The mod who banned me was trolling me in the discussion prior to this. The same mod infracted me for a comment on another poster who had attacked me. He has not responded to my message about this ban but has logged on since.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

There has been no reply from the Mod in 4 days.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, I'll give the CMods a nudge

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

4ensic15, I will take a look at this.

You might post a link to the relevant post which incurred the card and also please post up all of the relevant PMs to and from the moderator, in relation to this issue.

4ensic15, I will take a look at this.

You might post a link to the relevant post which incurred the card and also please post up all of the relevant PMs to and from the moderator, in relation to this issue.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14853430

I can't find my replying message.

• Advertisement

4ensic15 wrote: »
    I can't find my replying message.

You sent me a link to PM. I can't open that because I don't have access.

The general rule is that PMs are not to be posted up on thread but there is an exception to that rule in this forum, where you are asked to post up PMs on thread.

So would you please post up on this thread:

(a) all of the relevant PMs
    and
    (b) a link to the post which incurred the card.

You sent me a link to PM. I can't open that because I don't have access.

The general rule is that PMs are not to be posted up on thread but there is an exception to that rule in this forum, where you are asked to post up PMs on thread.

So would you please post up on this thread:

(a) all of the relevant PMs
    and
    (b) a link to the post which incurred the card.

I can't link the post because I am banned from the forum.
    I can't find the Pm I sent.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I can't find the Pm I sent.
    If you look at your inbox you will see there's a drop down (on the legacy site) or tab (touch) with all your sent PMs in

Beasty wrote: »
    If you look at your inbox you will see there's a drop down (on the legacy site) or tab (touch) with all your sent PMs in

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=14854524

Please follow the CMod's request - either copy and paste the PM exchange in this thread, or forward the PMs to the CMod. Only you can view them, which is why we need you to supply them in order for them to be reviewed by the CMod

• Advertisement

4ensic15, the post is here. The relevant part of the post is here:
    Do you have a clue how ridiculous you appear to anyone who has any sort of legal experience?

I have the PM that you sent to the mod. You certainly sent a PM to the moderator but your PM contained no attempt to discuss the ban with him. According to the rules of this forum on the flowchart above, you were supposed to have done that. You asserted that you posted the same thing as the other poster, which was not a genuine attempt to discuss the ban.

In any event, I will look into this issue and come back here to post afterwards.

Okay, this is my view of the issue.

First, the mod gave you a red card and a ban for an uncivil post. We need to look whether it was an actionable post and if so, whether the sanction was fair.

Secondly, looking at the post itself, I think that it was on the tame side of uncivil but actionable at the same time. Therefore, for me the only issue is the severity of sanction. I see that another poster got a yellow card for an identical comment.

Thirdly, on the face of it, maybe a seven day ban might be considered to be on the harsh side. However, the reality of the situation is that you have an appalling record and an extremely lengthy list of previous mod actions against you, taking into account all of your many previous accounts. There is a principle of escalating sanction. What might earn a yellow card for an uncivil post for one poster can earn a more severe sanction for someone with a record and perhaps it would incur a severe sanction for a poster who had a laundry list of cards and bans. For these reasons, even though the comment itself was on the tame side of uncivil, the ban is upheld.

That said, the mod was agreeable to reducing your ban to time served, so we can reduce it to that and the red card will be revoked, if you agree.

To borrow a phrase that I read on AH, I think that you need to be as careful as a taxi driver with 10 penalty points. But you don't behave like a poster in the last chance saloon. You are behaving like the slate has been wiped clean on this account, which is absolutely not the case. You have used up all of your chances and then some. Unless you are very careful, you may be permabanned from the forum for the next step out of place.

Please confirm that you will agree to the red card being lifted and your ban being reduced to time served.

Otherwise, you may request Admin review.

The ban is almost expired. I have an issue with the fact the Mod was trolling me. I have succeeded in appeals in bans on this forum which invariably happened after confronting a mod on some point. I didn't bother to appeal some others. The issue seems to be Mods not liking to be contradicted. Many of them "the law is...". When someone contradicts them they suddenly start complaining about legal advice!

Please indicate if you request Admin review.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please indicate if you request Admin review.
    The OP had the opportunity to request an Admin Review when you offered it earlier. They didn't take it.

Marking as resolved.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement