Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning approved . Dwelling on costs

Options
  • 24-04-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all I'm new to this so bear with me ðŸ˜
    I have just been approved planning for a 4 bedroom dormer bungalow 2000sqft and a garage . We are planning to do a self build .I am a qualified carpenter by trade . No longer in the trade . I'm working in a factory with 4 days off per week so i would have alot of time to project manage the job and do alot of work myself.
    The spec I am going for is as follows
    100mm cavity insulation
    Spray foam roof
    Air to water , with underfloor heating downstairs rads up stairs
    Double glazed windows 5 standard size 1 very large . Double sliding doors and a front door.
    Smooth plaster on the outside
    Tile complete ground floor with same tiles
    1 main bathroom and 2 ensuite.
    County council recommend waste water treatment and soil polishing filter.
    Am I totally crazy thinking I can do all this for 200000k
    Bearing in mind I will be doing all carpentry, plasterboarding roof tiles and velux myself
    I would like to hear your comments/suggestions and or criticisms
    ðŸ‘

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It can be done alright, especially if you are doing a lot of the work yourself. The spec will make a difference though. Marble tiles cost more than porcelain cost more than ceramic etc etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Is the 200k to include council levy, connection fees and sign off?
    I think it will be tight but close.

Also, will 100mm cavity insulation comply? Have you done the preliminary DEAP assessment yet?

Advertisement