Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rental inquiry

• 25-04-2018 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I'm a college student,this was the first time I ever rented out accommodation for the college year. Lately,my landlord claimed he wishes to be reimbursed for him taking our refuse for the entire duration of my stay. Was promised a wheelie bin which I never got till January,nor did I get a contract from him that mentions the details of my lease. Does he have any right at all to demand it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Sounds very sloppy of the landlord to not have this more organised and explicitly outlined what was included or not in the rent you paid.
    Refuse/waste is a real legitimate cost to the landlord but any charges should be crystal clear. I am no legal person so maybe as a first stop, call to a citizens information centre if there is one near you. The RTB (I think I'm right) are an organisation who deal with tenants and landlords.
    I think every and any tenancy must be registered here by the landlord and they can deal with any disputes. If he was doing this as some cash on the side, his lack of being organised and above board might have to bite him in the backside even if he has incurred some costs for the waste.
    You need real advice and don't be bullied if he/she hasn't kept up their side of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭pooch90

It's Threshold that you need to contact.PRTB are who tenancies are meant to be registered with and who you lodge complaints with. Threshold will give you advice.

Advertisement