Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi resolution jpeg ad?

Options
  • 25-04-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

New business here and my local AIB has said they will put an ad of mine on their digital board in the bank. They are looking for it in hi-res jpeg format. I haven't a clue how to do that. Anyone know who could put this together for me (it's just like a business card ad really)? Or maybe if there is a program I could use to design it myself.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

Think they just mean it has to be high resolution to look good blown up to the size of their digital board - did they tell you what the resolution they needed was? Probably it will be something like 1920 x 1080.. If you have a friendly graphic designer they can put something together from your existing business promo materials.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭larko

I ordered my promotional stuff from Vista Print. I'll ask them and see if they have a "friendly" graphic designer.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LunAtlFringe

Okay good luck! At a pinch if you have (i) something to work from and (ii) someone who is okay with computers they will likely be able to put something together in photoshop or GIMP for you without too much trouble, though it might not have the polished look you'd get from a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Ask them to send the exact specifications then pass this on to a graphic designer. Print resolution requirements are much larger than screen resolution requirements, and if you send something that is too small it'll look blurry/low-res when printed out.

Advertisement