Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount for Cycliq Fly12

Options
  • 25-04-2018 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭

Going to follow up out of the Bargain Alerts thread...
    I've had it for a year or so (paid much more for it too :() and I think it's brilliant. I would say that using the K-Edge mount gives far better stability versus the Garmin ones, just in case anyone uses it and notices a bit of a rattle in the picture.

I was going to ask about this, as mounted on the underside of the bars isn't really working with the cables, and don't really want to top mount it.

Anyone any alternatives to the official duo mount? Either just an outfront for the camera, or a combined one?

Elemnt bolt in the post, but the official duo mount is 3/4's of what I paid for the camera!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I have the K-edge one and its the way to go despite the cost

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

i'm lucky that my bike has built in garmin and gopro mounts but it seems that a garmin out front mount should take a go pro adapter underneath.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/GoPro-Adapter-Set-Garmin-Mount/dp/B01HTP39OW

there is also a quarter turn compatible adapter in the box so you can attach the cycliq to a garmin compatible mount rather than a gopro type.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

It's the weight I'd be concerned about - I think I read Rainmaker having a none cycliq mount snap on him in the early days of the Fly12. I guess I could tether though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The K-edge was able to handle mine when I had one

That would definitely be something I hadn't thought about :/

• Advertisement

That would definitely be something I hadn't thought about :/

449187.jpg

Advertisement