Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mandone 9.0 v Propel Advance 0

Options
  • 25-04-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Looking into getting one of these bikes but not sure which to go for so any advise would be greatly appreciated

Mandone 9.0 looks nicer and is a better fit for me and has cables nicely hidden away but is €400 more expensive and only has mechanical ultegra

Propel Advance 0 is €400 cheaper and has ultegra Di2

€4K is my budget so getting Di2 on the Mandone is a bit out of my budget at the moment, is the frame and wheelset that much better on Mandone to deserve the €400 cost while not having Di2?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I'd say go for the propel if its the 2018 model. It has been completely redesigned and you will love the di2. No need to re index gears and you only need to replace your brake cables means cheaper and less maintenance. Check out cycling weeklys review from the last 7 days on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

If the Madone is the one that really appeals to you then surely an extra 10% would be worth it in the long run? Buy once, cry once. That said, it's very easy to spend someone elses money on the internet.

For my own money, I actually would prefer the more aggressive look of the Giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'd say buy the madone, you say it looks nicer and fits you better. No point having the electronic gear if you can't stay on the bike comfortable. I'd prefer the Madone, but I'm not a big fan of the new propels.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I'd take a mechanical 9.0 over a Propel with Di2 every day. The Madone is a stunning looking bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭C3PO

Not a big fan of the look of either of them but would prefer the Madone! The Giant would appear to be better spec/value but it's hard to compare wheels and finishing kit given that they are all "own brand". The fact that your are more comfortable on the Trek would also be a big factor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pbo

Thanks all, will go the Madone, will have to wait another while to try out electronic groupset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Have you looked a the propel advanced 0 in person? It's far better looking than the pictures of it online.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Pbo

I haven't, seen the Advanced 1 in person and seen this video of it and it does look quite nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm3orbo3tQg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Pbo wrote: »
    I haven't, seen the Advanced 1 in person and seen this video of it and it does look quite nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm3orbo3tQg

It's beautiful, they had one on the wall in Giant Dublin about 3 weeks ago, it could still be there. I'd recommend having a look

Advertisement