Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belarmine, Aikens Village, Stepaside. Anyone live or lived here?

Options
  • 25-04-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone live or lived in the houses/apartments around here before or even now?

Have a line on a place here and was wondering about the area. Traffic etc.

Any input would be especially welcome.

Sound.

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I live nearby. Area is nice enough. There is not a lot to do in the immediate vicinity, so expect to be driving or Luas'ing to everything you want to do. The luas is within walking distance, but you wouldn't want to live there without a car.

Traffic wise I am not sure. Depends where you are going and what time I guess. Getting on to the M50 in the morning might take a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Traffic can be bad heading to Sandyford/M50/Taylors Lane/Stepaside etc etc during the AM/PM peaks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mackmatic

Sound lads!

I'll be in Belarmine I think, heading towards town. I have a car and will be driving everyday around 9am.

Area looks nice enough, little out of the way but have to take whatever we can get these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

It's a grand spot if you are an active type e.g. into cycling/hiking, because of the mountains on your doorstep.

Considering the influx of people, it could do with a few more pubs & restaurants, but the ones that are there already are very good. I think there's a nice vibe around the place myself.

It's a good place for commuting because of the close proximity to LUAS & M50 - if you can take the LUAS and leave the car I'd do that. Traffic can be a problem, but hopefully the Clay Farm road & Glenamuck road improvements will help a little with that.

Biggest downside is perhaps the weather, there can be a whipping breeze at times because it is that bit higher.

Advertisement