Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 weeks since order of Fibre BB and still nothing!

Options
  • 25-04-2018 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Fibre broadband ordered on 7th of December, 20 weeks later still have not received it, yet countless phone calls to Eir "customer care", several visits by KN, taking days off work and even no call back or follow up on complaints cases opened!

The latest is that KN are repeatedly been booked to come out to install a landline yet there is only fibre in the estate. Estate is approx a year old. I have seen the fibre myself when KN lifted the manhole. And yes, I know the difference between copper and fibre as work in this industry.

This is not an isolated incident, everyone in the estate is having the same issue. Also its not isolated to this estate looking at other peoples posts on this forum and others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

viperlogic wrote: »
    Fibre broadband ordered on 7th of December, 20 weeks later still have not received it, yet countless phone calls to Eir "customer care", several visits by KN, taking days off work and even no call back or follow up on complaints cases opened!
    Hi viperlogic, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Hi viperlogic, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth I'll have a look into this for you.

Thanks 

Tracey 
    PM sent :)

Hi viperlogic, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    PM sent :)
    Thanks.

I've responded to you there now :)

Thanks 

Tracey 

Follow up questions sent

Rather than keeping it to just PM's there could be leanings for all

It appears my estate (1 year old) is FTTH only. When KN opened the man hole this week there was only fibre there coming into a junction box and then ropes running up various conduits to each house so cables can be pulled through. Its perfectly reasonable to lay only fibre for all new homes rather than cooper also. Yet, when I put in my address into eir's site it says upto 5Mb (though sometimes says 15Mb!!) broadband available which is not FTTH, that would be the old cooper way.  Checking eir's site for FTTH for my estate it says not available yet which could be perfectly valid, in that the fibre is layed in the estate but not supporting infra is in place back to cab/sub-station etc.

I believe the estate is incorrectly configured on Eir's system that its wired for copper. Why else would the booking team keep sending out KN to put in a copper landline. Each time I ring Eir customer care telling them that KN came out again for a copper install even thou its a fibre only estate and please can it be corrected.

This is an assumption as I dont have access to Eir's system but I believe its quite a reasonable assumption.

@eir: Tracey can you comment on this as well as respond to my PM?

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Follow up questions sent
    Hi viperlogic ,

Tracey is off today. Please feel free to forward any questions on to myself and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas

Follow up questions sent
    Hi viperlogic ,

Tracey is off today. Please feel free to forward any questions on to myself and I will look into this for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    PM's forwarded. Plus, please can above be responded to. Thank you

any updates Eir reps?

FYI, contacted Eir CC on Friday and was promised a call back which I didn't receive!

any updates Eir reps?

FYI, contacted Eir CC on Friday and was promised a call back which I didn't receive!
    Hi viperlogic, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Thomas is off. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

The latest is that KN are repeatedly been booked to come out to install a landline yet there is only fibre in the estate. Estate is approx a year old. I have seen the fibre myself when KN lifted the manhole. And yes, I know the difference between copper and fibre as work in this industry.

This is not an isolated incident, everyone in the estate is having the same issue. Also its not isolated to this estate looking at other peoples posts on this forum and others.
    I had to wait around 1 year from ordering FTTH for it to be installed and when I ordered it my eircode was showing as 'speeds up to 1000mb available'. And if you ordered a bundle, warning about the landline. They also activated my lindline first before the Fibre was ready to be installed and I recieved bills every month for it which exceeded my bundle cost for first 6 months (phone only was more expensive than 150mb fibre,tv and phone combined). Even though I was wary of this and contacted them when I found out the fibre wasn't ready, they said I wouldn't be billed and I still was.

Now 1 year later it eventually got installed and Eir shut it off and teminated my account the next day apparently because of the landline bills which were promised to be waived several times. Now I'm having trouble getting the same offer I signed up to a year ago which was promised to me by a supervisor.

Just because the fibre is there doesn't mean its activated. I'd recommend to cancel everything until you know with 100% certainty that it is live, otherwise they will keep giving you projected dates, and once the landline is installed you will get billed for it, and its not a good price trust me.

• Advertisement

spix wrote: »

I had to wait around 1 year from ordering FTTH for it to be installed and when I ordered it my eircode was showing as 'speeds up to 1000mb available'. And if you ordered a bundle, warning about the landline. They also activated my lindline first before the Fibre was ready to be installed and I recieved bills every month for it which exceeded my bundle cost for first 6 months (phone only was more expensive than 150mb fibre,tv and phone combined). Even though I was wary of this and contacted them when I found out the fibre wasn't ready, they said I wouldn't be billed and I still was.

Now 1 year later it eventually got installed and Eir shut it off and teminated my account the next day apparently because of the landline bills which were promised to be waived several times. Now I'm having trouble getting the same offer I signed up to a year ago which was promised to me by a supervisor.

Just because the fibre is there doesn't mean its activated. I'd recommend to cancel everything until you know with 100% certainty that it is live, otherwise they will keep giving you projected dates, and once the landline is installed you will get billed for it, and its not a good price trust me.
    Hi spix, 

I've responded to you on your other thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

so its now been 35 weeks / 250 days since order and still nothing!

Eir, when will FTTH be available at my address? Openeir rollout site shows it live in my area but calling Eir and checking the postcode it says not available

Eir ?

Oh, I also had opened several complaints cases over the previous month which were never followed up by yourselves and on ringing back on the status of them I was told they were resolved!

Dear COMREG...

Seeing as not getting any update from Eir here :mad: decided to call in and to my surprise my BB order was cancelled on the 12th of May by yourselves, not me, and without informing me. I don't know to laugh or cry! COMREG are going to love this.

Seeing as not getting any update from Eir here :mad: decided to call in and to my surprise my BB order was cancelled on the 12th of May by yourselves, not me, and without informing me. I don't know to laugh or cry! COMREG are going to love this.
    Hi viperlogic, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your order and to hear that it has now been cancelled. 

I've had a look into this for you and can see that your estate is FTTH only (Fibre to the home) and this is why the order was cancelled as we are unable to provide the service you requested. I'm sorry no one has informed you of this. 

If you require a broadband service you will need to place an order for the FTTH service. Our sales team on 1800 50 303 will be happy to assist you this, you can view all the details on our website also here 

Apologies for all delays incurred, I understand this is frustrating.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi viperlogic, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are still having issues with your order and to hear that it has now been cancelled. 

I've had a look into this for you and can see that your estate is FTTH only (Fibre to the home) and this is why the order was cancelled as we are unable to provide the service you requested. I'm sorry no one has informed you of this. 

If you require a broadband service you will need to place an order for the FTTH service. Our sales team on 1800 50 303 will be happy to assist you this, you can view all the details on our website also here 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Is FTTH available as both checking online and ringing your sales team they say it isn't????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Whatever way Eirs system is setup its a disaster, loads of inaccurate info and staff cant do nothing except offer their condolences, the whole company is run by their fecked up system. Try check your Eircode here https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

Hi viperlogic, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Is FTTH available as both checking online and ringing your sales team they say it isn't????

The technician has advised this on your order, I'm afraid I can only provide the information that's supplied on the account. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

I myself have pains with this in new housing estates there's nothing but ftth yet eir sell landline and ftth as a package and they always seem to want the redundant landline installed first. On the back of this I actively tell people order ftth and make sure they emphasise thats its fibre to the home or an 8882 number  and request vobb/voip that is to say phone number comes from the modem which gets it off the fibre connection which means there's absolutely no reason for copper line. I've mentioned this to several people who should or could be in a position to organise a proper workaround and they even looked stressed at hearing it.
    The whole system was set up sideways and nobody seems to be able or are afraid to try change it. Eir would make a fortune if they would just remove this prerequisite landline in ftth only areas. Or all areas that have ftth. The standard thing that seems to happen. Provide customer with broadband from cab.
     No copper in ground but there's fibre
    Oh ok 
    Amended order a few days later) ok provide customer with broadband from exchange 
    Still not gonna work no copper still fibre in the ground though hint hint!
    Oh ok (some head scratching ensues) ok were gonna cancel your order and start you off on a fresh slate
    New order)
    Provide customer with broadband from the cab...
    Round and round we go

• Advertisement
Advertisement