Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with Isofix brackets please

Options
  • 25-04-2018 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey, So i have a nissan Almera 2006 saloon, I have ordered the passenger side brackets for the car from Nissan. However I also need the driver side brackets as I am soon going to have 2 kids. Nissan have stopped making the driver side Isofix brackets (the man said he wasnt sure why).

My question is does anyone know if I got the brackets for say a Ford Focus (just an example) would they work in my Nissan? are they interchangable or does it have to be made specific to the brand of car? I have googled this and gotten so many different answers, so hopefully someone can give me first hand experience?

Thank you
    Worried Mum

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

They would be specific to the car, or at least to Nissans of that age. If you can get the part number, you may be able to find them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 driver2018

They would be specific to the car, or at least to Nissans of that age. If you can get the part number, you may be able to find them online.

Unfortunately, Nissan say they have stopped making them. Which makes no sense to me as why shouldn't my child on the driver side be as secure 🙈 thank u for the reply

OSI wrote: »
    It costs a lot of money to maintain an assembly line and there probably aren't too many people buying ISOFIX brackets for a 12 year old Almera to justify keeping the assembly line going.

I understand the cost, it's actually for any age Nissan before 2011, so would presume they would have some kept in stock. Hopefully another car bracket will fit... just have to keep researching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

driver2018 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Nissan say they have stopped making them. Which makes no sense to me as why shouldn't my child on the driver side be as secure �� thank u for the reply

But what I'm saying is that other people online may still have them in stock, or you may be able to find a used part (if you're OK with that).

But what I'm saying is that other people online may still have them in stock, or you may be able to find a used part (if you're OK with that).

100% ok with second hand, do you know how I would get the part number? (Sorry, I'm not great at things to do with cars)

• Advertisement
Advertisement