Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sign of free tablet

Options
  • 25-04-2018 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭

Hi. I signed up for eir broadband and telly sometime around October/November of last year. I was told I would receive an email after 2 weeks with a code for the free tablet but nothing arrived.

I've been on to customer support numerous times to try sort this out. Last time was a few weeks ago where they said I wasn't entitled to a tablet despite the offer being sold to me. The tablet is the only reason I got the bundle.

They said they would need to check call logs and see what was said on my call when I signed up. I was told they will get back to me but I haven't heard a thing in weeks.

I just want this sorted at this stage. Either get rid of the telly cause I don't use it whatsoever or get the tablet I was promised when I signed up. At this stage I don't really care which.

This seems like really poor form from eir. It's been over six months at this stage and I'm still at square one.

I can provide any details needed via PM
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Drexel wrote: »
    Hi. I signed up for eir broadband and telly sometime around October/November of last year. I was told I would receive an email after 2 weeks with a code for the free tablet but nothing arrived.

I've been on to customer support numerous times to try sort this out. Last time was a few weeks ago where they said I wasn't entitled to a tablet despite the offer being sold to me. The tablet is the only reason I got the bundle.

They said they would need to check call logs and see what was said on my call when I signed up. I was told they will get back to me but I haven't heard a thing in weeks.

I just want this sorted at this stage. Either get rid of the telly cause I don't use it whatsoever or get the tablet I was promised when I signed up. At this stage I don't really care which.

This seems like really poor form from eir. It's been over six months at this stage and I'm still at square one.

I can provide any details needed via PM
    Thanks
    Hi Drexel ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hi Drexel ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas

I've sent on the details. Thanks for taking a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP, search the Eir forum for free tablet there have been more than ten other threads started on the subject.

my3cents wrote: »
    OP, search the Eir forum for free tablet there have been more than ten other threads started on the subject.

Just had a look there. Doesn't look good. See some people getting the same treatment I was with eir suddenly turning around saying they were never entitled to it in the first place.

I've spent enough of my time messing around on the phone with eir at this stage tbh. This thread is the last bit of energy I'm wasting on it. I'll just cancel. Not like there isn't plenty of other providers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gkelly644

Just off the phone about the exact same issue with regards the tablet to be told we are now not entitled. What sort of a scam is this company selling people not only that but the first modem I got was faulty and the second one isn’t much better, only signed up simply to get a tablet.

• Advertisement

Gkelly644 wrote: »
    Just off the phone about the exact same issue with regards the tablet to be told we are now not entitled. What sort of a scam is this company selling people not only that but the first modem I got was faulty and the second one isn’t much better, only signed up simply to get a tablet.
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time and I'm sorry its not better news.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas

Any update on this?

Hi Thomas

Any update on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

EIR = Everything Is Rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Thomas

Any update on this?
    Hi Drexel, 

I'm afraid Thomas is off today. 

I've checked for you and there has been no update as of yet, as soon as we hear back we'll come back to you. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Hi Drexel, 

I'm afraid Thomas is off today. 

I've checked for you and there has been no update as of yet, as soon as we hear back we'll come back to you. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tracey if it turns out I wasn't ever supposed to be entitled to the tablet, what happens then?

The guys at eir were supposed to get the log of the call to see what I was offered and if they did they will hear me just wanting the broadband and the guy talking me round to getting the TV as well because of the free tablet.

Would not be the first time an outsourced Eir(com) sales rep working on commision made it up as they went along.

Comreg seems to be the next obvious step particularly if you want to walk away from the contract if you don't get the free tablet.

my3cents wrote: »
    Would not be the first time an outsourced Eir(com) sales rep working on commision made it up as they went along.

Comreg seems to be the next obvious step particularly if you want to walk away from the contract if you don't get the free tablet.

I don't even think this was outsourced. I rang eir themselves and ordered through the number on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Absolute disgrace if people were sold a red herring.

I think this should be brought to the medias attention, because a lot of people are going to be effected by this.

I was offered something similar, but smelt a rat.

It was too good to be true, obviously they didn't anticipate the amount of people who'd take this package, now they're burying their heads in the sand....

Hi guys,

Any updates?

I can't help but get the feeling I am being fobbed off a bit here

Still haven't heard anything back from the reps.

Does anyone know what my next steps here are? There is no way I'm goina keep paying for the TV without the tablet.

Is there somewhere I can lodge a complaint against eir. Doubt it will do any good but it will be there at least.

Comreg are the people to complain to but you need to follow Eir's complaint procedure before comreg will take a look.

iirc you have to use Eir's online webform to put in a complaint. Then wait ten working days and send the complaint to consumerline@comreg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Still haven't heard anything back from the reps.

Does anyone know what my next steps here are? There is no way I'm goina keep paying for the TV without the tablet.

Is there somewhere I can lodge a complaint against eir. Doubt it will do any good but it will be there at least.
    Make a complaint to Eir first. You can do that here:
    https://www.eir.ie/support/general/making-a-complaint/

If you do not get satisfaction from them, then go here:
    https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/got-a-question/

Hi guys,

Any updates?

I can't help but get the feeling I am being fobbed off a bit here
    Hi Drexel,

I can assure you this has been escalated on and I am still awaiting a response.

I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Drexel,

I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I'll sit tight for another day or two so. Cheers for the update

• Advertisement

Hi Drexel,

I'm sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I'll sit tight for another day or two so. Cheers for the update
    I will update you as soon as possible.

I appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas.

Any update here? Been two weeks since I last heard. Getting a bit ridiculous at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks

Thomas

Hi Thomas.

Any update here? Been two weeks since I last heard. Getting a bit ridiculous at this stage
    Hi Drexel, 

Unfortunately, Thomas is not in today. 

I have responded to you through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement