Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

install understair toilet / shower - 1930s mid terrace

Options
  • 25-04-2018 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Before I think too much about this does anyone know if such a project in an old existing house (1930s mid-terrace) needs to be wheelchair accessible (as it would AFAICT in new builds). Can anyone point me to the relevant Building Reg.s?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mihalk wrote: »
    Before I think too much about this does anyone know if such a project in an old existing house (1930s mid-terrace) needs to be wheelchair accessible (as it would AFAICT in new builds). Can anyone point me to the relevant Building Reg.s?
    Thanks

No it does not.
    If the house has no accessible toilet currently than any toilet added at ground floor (WC) is a convienant measure only and will not need to comply with current Building Regulations Part M accessibe WC’s.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    No it does not.
    If the house has no accessible toilet currently than any toilet added at ground floor (WC) is a convienant measure only and will not need to comply with current Building Regulations Part M accessibe WC’s.

I’d still recommend do everything possible to make it at least ambient

Advertisement