If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marantz nr1601 won't turn on

Options
  • 25-04-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭

I bought a Marantz nr 1601 from you a few years ago (2011) along with a cd player and 5.1 speaker set.
    Today the Marantz won't turn on, it makes a clicking noise and the red light on the front is on and constant,not blinking.
    The display is blank,so no info to be gleamed from that.
    My question is whether this sounds like a fixable problem or is it time to invest in a new one?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,279 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

housetypeb wrote: »
    I bought a Marantz nr 1601 from you a few years ago (2011) along with a cd player and 5.1 speaker set.
    Today the Marantz won't turn on, it makes a clicking noise and the red light on the front is on and constant,not blinking.
    The display is blank,so no info to be gleamed from that.
    My question is whether this sounds like a fixable problem or is it time to invest in a new one?
    Hi housetypeb,

It sounds as though it could be in protect mode. If you try disconnecting all leads from the unit then check the manual for the factory reset procedure this may work but if not it could be a symptom of a bigger issue. If you are looking to upgrade I would recommend something like the Denon AVRX2400 at £329. These are fantastic amps which sound great and are future proofed with 4K pass through and a lot of streaming features.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Yeah,I've made the rookie mistake of telling my teenagers that I might be upgrading the av receiver and they are keen for streaming features(which seem to come with all the newer receivers anyway) and "Powerful enough to raise the roof and shake the windows" when they have their friends over for house parties etc.
     Thankfully,as country folk,we have no close neighbors.

What other options do you have apart from the Denon model above?
    Any deals to be had as a returning customer?

Yeah,I've made the rookie mistake of telling my teenagers that I might be upgrading the av receiver and they are keen for streaming features(which seem to come with all the newer receivers anyway) and "Powerful enough to raise the roof and shake the windows" when they have their friends over for house parties etc.
     Thankfully,as country folk,we have no close neighbors.

What other options do you have apart from the Denon model above?
    Any deals to be had as a returning customer?
    Hi Houseypeb.

What sort of budget are you thinking as there are many price points for A/V receivers.

If you can give me a figure I can do up some options for you.

5 hundred euro range,give or take, should be in the ball park.

5 hundred euro range,give or take, should be in the ball park.
    Hey Housetypeb.

There really only a few you should be looking at.

The Denon AVRX2400 mentioned above retailing at £329.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-13044-avrx2400.aspx

Sony have the award winning STRDN1080 priced at £429.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202643-strdn1080.aspx

Or Yamaha's RXV683 priced at £399
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202723-rxv683.aspx

Let me know if any of these might catch your eye.

• Advertisement

I'm still researching,and the more I research, the more I want!
    Trying to balance what I want, against what I actually need or may need, is the problem.
    Moving up a level,can you give me your best price on the Onkyo-TXNR686, and on the Denon AVRX43OOH and Denon AVRX4400. AAVRXss

Trying to balance what I want, against what I actually need or may need, is the problem.
    Moving up a level,can you give me your best price on the Onkyo-TXNR686, and on the Denon AVRX43OOH and Denon AVRX4400. AAVRXss
    Hi housetypeb,

The AVRX4300 is finished so completely unavailable.

I could do an Onkyo TXNR686 for £629 including shipping. The best price on the AVRX4400 would be £829 but I could include shipping at this price.

Kind regards

David

Is that euro or sterling? 
    Hi housetypeb,

I could do an Onkyo TXNR686 for £629 including shipping. The best price on the AVRX4400 would be £829 but I could include shipping at this price.

Kind regards

David

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    What's the absolute best price you can do on the Onkyo 686, repeat customer and all that! 
    Will also probably be back to you later on looking for Atmos speakers at some point,not to mention speakers for zone two.

• Advertisement

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    What's the absolute best price you can do on the Onkyo 686, repeat customer and all that! 
    Will also probably be back to you later on looking for Atmos speakers at some point,not to mention speakers for zone two.
    Hi housetypeb,

I can do £629 including shipping on the TXNR686. As it's a new model I really don't have much movement on the price at the moment I'm afraid but I can knock £20 off and include shipping. What Atmos speakers were you looking for and I can see if I can do a deal on those as well?

Kind regards

David

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

I can do £629 including shipping on the TXNR686. As it's a new model I really don't have much movement on the price at the moment I'm afraid but I can knock £20 off and include shipping. What Atmos speakers were you looking for and I can see if I can do a deal on those as well?

Kind regards

David
    I'll take the Txnr686 for £629 sterling delivered. The Atmos speakers will have to wait a bit longer,but now I know about them I will have to purchase them eventually.
    Do we take it to pm to arrange payment and delivery?

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    I'll take the Txnr686 for £629 sterling delivered. The Atmos speakers will have to wait a bit longer,but now I know about them I will have to purchase them eventually.
    Hey Housetyped.

Thanks for the PM. 

We will give you a call ASAP for some details.

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Housetyped.

Thanks for the PM. 

Can you give me the tracking number for TXNR686 as no sign of it yet.
    Thanks.

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Housetyped.

Thanks for the PM. 

Thanks.
    Hey Housetyped.

I will look into this first thing in the morning for you.

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Housetyped.

Thanks for the PM. 

Thanks.
    Hey Housetyped.

They rang this morning,said the Onkyo wasn't in stock in the warehouse,so I took the Denon 4400 instead,(been kicking myself all week thinking I should have gone for that one anyway!) paid the difference -but haven't received an updated email yet.
    Just want to confirm that there's no mix up and that it's the Denon that being sent to me now.
    Thanks.

Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    That's sterling pricing.
    Hi housetypeb,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Housetyped.

Thanks for the PM. 

Thanks.
    Hey Housetyped.

They rang this morning,said the Onkyo wasn't in stock in the warehouse,so I took the Denon 4400 instead,(been kicking myself all week thinking I should have gone for that one anyway!) paid the difference -but haven't received an updated email yet.
    Just want to confirm that there's no mix up and that it's the Denon that being sent to me now.
    Thanks.
    Hi Housetyped.

The 4400 was shipped to you yesterday and I have resent a copy of your receipt by email.

I'll drop you a PM with your tracking details.

Thanks again for your order.

The Denon  arrived this morning, thanks.

The Denon  arrived this morning, thanks.
    Excellent news Housetyped.

Now to sit down and install it :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.