Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sport / BT Sport on Sky Q

Options
  • 25-04-2018 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

I have eir broadband and sky q tv with multiroom. I was able to get eir Sport & bt Sport set up on my main sky q box by adding the details of the sky viewing card to my account however I have a second box (sky Q mini) in another room and I can seem to get the channels added to this.

On the site it says I can add it to two boxes but it asks for a second card number. The sky q mini doesn't have a card, it runs off wifi from the main box. Is there any way to get these channels added to sky q mini?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

cloneslad wrote: »
    I have eir broadband and sky q tv with multiroom. I was able to get eir Sport & bt Sport set up on my main sky q box by adding the details of the sky viewing card to my account however I have a second box (sky Q mini) in another room and I can seem to get the channels added to this.

On the site it says I can add it to two boxes but it asks for a second card number. The sky q mini doesn't have a card, it runs off wifi from the main box. Is there any way to get these channels added to sky q mini?
    Hi cloneslad ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

If you contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 they can have this investigated further for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Hi cloneslad ,

Thanks for contacting us here.

If you contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 they can have this investigated further for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Thanks Thomas, I'll give them a call later.

Do you know if it is possible to get it on the second box? It's no issue if it can't, it just means sitting in another room watching it but it would be handy to know for others with the same query.

I called this number on got through to someone but he said I would have to speak to Eir Sport on it. He put me through to them but I just get put through to a phone that sounds like it's sitting on a desk while everyone in the office carries on with their job.

I then googled the phone number for Eir Sport to call directly myself and called 0818 20 30 40 but again I just got the same again when I called, the phone answered but no one spoke.

Can you find out an answer for me on this, please?

I called this number on got through to someone but he said I would have to speak to Eir Sport on it. He put me through to them but I just get put through to a phone that sounds like it's sitting on a desk while everyone in the office carries on with their job.

I then googled the phone number for Eir Sport to call directly myself and called 0818 20 30 40 but again I just got the same again when I called, the phone answered but no one spoke.

Can you find out an answer for me on this, please?
    Hi cloneslad ,

If you call our Eir sport team today on 0818 20 30 40. As far as I am aware the Sky Q mini may not be compatible but our Eir sport team can provide clarity on this.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Take a look at this thread cloneslad, it seems it is possible to get it on the Sky Q Mini

https://community.eir.ie/eir-vision-eir-sport-90/how-to-enable-bt-sport-eir-sport-on-sky-mini-q-box-297115

• Advertisement

Hi cloneslad ,

If you call our Eir sport team today on 0818 20 30 40. As far as I am aware the Sky Q mini may not be compatible but our Eir sport team can provide clarity on this.

Thanks

Thomas

Cheers Thomas, I'll try giving them a call but sure at least it's an excuse to get some peace and quiet in the other room whenever I want to watch BT Sports

Hurrache wrote: »
    Take a look at this thread cloneslad, it seems it is possible to get it on the Sky Q Mini

https://community.eir.ie/eir-vision-eir-sport-90/how-to-enable-bt-sport-eir-sport-on-sky-mini-q-box-297115
    cheers for that, Hurrache.

For anyone else looking for an answer on this, it is possible and is extremely easy.

I just called 0818 20 30 40 again today and someone answered it very quickly. I spoke to them about what I needed and they said it was easily done on their end but can't be done online. I just had to initially give my sky viewing card number then answer the usual identity questions and it was all sorted out in less than 2 minutes.

I have Eir Sport and BT Sport on both my main Sky Q box and my Sky Q mini.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭XsApollo

For anyone else looking for an answer on this, it is possible and is extremely easy.

I just called 0818 20 30 40 again today and someone answered it very quickly. I spoke to them about what I needed and they said it was easily done on their end but can't be done online. I just had to initially give my sky viewing card number then answer the usual identity questions and it was all sorted out in less than 2 minutes.

Nice,
    Didn’t think it was possible to do that,
    Thought you needed 2 subscriptions ?
    Will give a call today.

Hurrache wrote: »

I'm glad to hear you've had it resolved.

Thanks

Thomas

XsApollo wrote: »
    Nice,
    Didn’t think it was possible to do that,
    Thought you needed 2 subscriptions ?
    Will give a call today.

I only have broadband with them and then TV with sky so you definitely don't need 2 subscriptions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭BubbleBalls

Do bt sports come through in HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi BubbleBalls, 

You can view all our HD channels here - https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels/

Thanks 

Tracey 

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

I emailed eir about receiving eir sports on a sky mini box on May 3rd in the evening and was switched on the following morning, excellent service by their customer dept.

Thanks Leanne :)

A copy of their response

" Thank you for contacting eir Sport.

We have upgraded your account to supply the Sky Q mini signal to your Sky box with Sky viewing card number xxx xxx xxx. Please be advised our signal covers your main box and up to 4 mini boxes within the same household.

If you are still unable to view please contact our Customer Service Team on 0818 20 30 40 when you are with your Sky box and one of my colleagues will be happy to help.

We are open from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on Saturday. "

Kind Regards,

Leanne

Customer Services Department 

eir Sport.

Just leaving this feedback for anyone thats interested.

Advertisement