Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying phone abroad, where tonpost back if faulty?

• 25-04-2018 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi
    Another quick question. If I buy my phone in another country and it is faulty and I have to send it back to Apple, do I have to send it back to the country it was bought in or can I send it back to ireland?

Thanks again x

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi
    Another quick question. If I buy my phone in another country and it is faulty and I have to send it back to Apple, do I have to send it back to the country it was bought in or can I send it back to ireland?

Thanks again x

I’ve. Ought a few iPhones in the USA.
    On one of them I had a fault under warranty and Apple told me that the mail in service was not available as I was in Ireland and the phone was bought in USA but if I got to an Apple store (Belfast been the nearest one) they will replace the phone.

This was a few years back (iPhone 6) so maybe it has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

kceire wrote: »
    I’ve. Ought a few iPhones in the USA.
    On one of them I had a fault under warranty and Apple told me that the mail in service was not available as I was in Ireland and the phone was bought in USA but if I got to an Apple store (Belfast been the nearest one) they will replace the phone.

This was a few years back (iPhone 6) so maybe it has changed.

This is my fear alright. I’m a good bit away from an Apple store. Thanks for the reply

Advertisement