Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house from parent

Options
  • 26-04-2018 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I dont know if anyone can help or has been in similar situation but any advise will be appreciated.

Currently we are living with my father in law in his house and wants to leave the house to my partner and myself (we are getting married in October if any help) but he has a loan on house through Senior money which means that loan has to be cleared before house deeds can be transferred. The loan amount is 75000 and house is worth between 220000-250000. I have contacted Mortgage brokers and banks for mortgage application but as i was advised none of them would consider giving me mortgage because after sales my father in law will still be living in the property with us.

Has anyone bought a parents house while living with them or would know if there is any other way???

TY

Comments

Advertisement