Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over paying on my tax? PLEASE HELP

Options
  • 26-04-2018 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have recently changed jobs and I am almost certain I am over paying on my tax, possibly my employer has not verified my tax credits but maybe I am wrong. Yearly salary is 56,000, see a breakdown of my latest monthly payslip below:

Base Salary: 4,666.67
    Tax Paid: 1866.67
    Employee PRSI Contribution: 186.67
    USC payable: 373.33

Total Tax: 2426.67

Net Pay: 2240.00

Thank you!!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Scouser20,

Welcome to Boards. I've moved your thread over to the Taxation forum where people may be better able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Can't help directly with the calculations but rest assured you won't end up out of pocket.

Even if things don't get adjusted, you can always log on to the revenue PAYE site at the end of the year, enter your P60 details and they will calculate your correct tax, issuing a repayment if appropriate.

I appreciate it's a but away but it does get sorted in the end, one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

Based on Deloitte tax calculator, you should be taking home about 3300 per month.
    This assumes you are single and have not made pension contributions.
    Best thing to do is call Revenue. Make sure you are registered correctly with your new employer. They will probably need your employers number, it's usually on your payslip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Have you given your new employer your P45 from your last workplace? That looks like you're on the emergency tax.

Check Revenue's info here: https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/emergency-tax/how-to-get-off-emergency-tax.aspx

Following the instructions there should allow you to rectify matters. Your tax should be fixed through payroll over the next month or two. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59,610 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

It looks like you're on Emergency tax. If so, you need to contact the tax office and ensure that you and your employer get a certificate of tax credits for 2018. did you provide a P45 to your new employer from your last job (I'm assuming you were employed in 2018)

Another calculator (my Excel spreadsheet): http://taxcalc.eu/monthlyss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Scouser20

Cheers guys, that is the likely cause, I have not handed in my P 45 to my current company. Did not realize it was necessary after giving my PPS number etc. Will get this done and hopefully will be good to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Your p45 is your closing statement from previous employer. By not handing it to new employer, you are back to the beginning of setting up your tax affairs. Do not worry about it, you get all over payments back, once the p45 is given in, they calculate liability v payments and you get sorted.

Advertisement