Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance.

Options
  • 26-04-2018 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Who are a good house insurance company to deal with when you mention storage of firearms and accessories.
    All in appropriate storage safes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

I didn't mention of my home Insurance company about any of the guns I have.
    Mine are all locked away as they should be, and I have a monitored house alarm (which incidentally was installed for piece of mind rather than a condition imposed by my local FO).
    Would the premiums be significantly more because you have declared a dangerous item in your contents list?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭skipking

i rang a couple of companies a few years ago and was told that if they are not listed in the contents of the house they
    are not insured. you dont have to say they are firearms you can value them and put them down as sporting goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

An Post had no problem adding specified firearms to my household policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭freddieot

Currently my toys are insured under all risks with FBD. Pleasure to deal with, no bul****. Just needed a valuation as they are under all risks and I was a new customer.

Before that I had been years with the AA, again no issues. I only changed over this year because FBD had a better price for my gaff.

Tried An Post last year and after a myriad of senseless questions they asked for copies of FCs and a pint of blood. Glad to see things may have changed but they are off my radar for ta while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I'm a bit out of date but did mention it along while back to the insurance company, once we got over the 'guns!!!!!' bit I was told once they where under a certain value then not an issue. If they had broken the individual limit which included items like jewellery, art etc then I'd have to declare them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

you can list them under specific items , with some companies specific items must be valued at a minimum of €1000 per item

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Have mine insured separately with Aviva no hassle, valued at 10k for about €80,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Not a problem with KBC either. Shotgun and rifle separately mentioned and valued on the policy. The additional cost was literally less than a bag of chips for a total insured value of €3000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

skipking wrote: »
    i rang a couple of companies a few years ago and was told that if they are not listed in the contents of the house they
    are not insured. you dont have to say they are firearms you can value them and put them down as sporting goods.

Sporting equipment are exactly what they are unless you own them in a business capacity of some sort so declaring them as such is factually correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hollowpoint123

Wrights insurance brokers can cover look them up

• Advertisement
Advertisement