Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TreeHouse Childcare Clonsilla

Options
  • 26-04-2018 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I am looking for reviews about TreeHouse childcare clonsilla.
    Looking to enroll my 2 year old.

Thanks,
    Rains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Our twins attended treehouse for the best part of 4 years before going to school & they loved it. We always found the girls excellent to deal with & the fact the kids loved going is testamant to the place IMO. They left nearly 3 years ago now but based on our experience we'd have no qualms recommending it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 21 happycoolrains

cool, how old is the creche if you know about it.
    I have 2 options treehouse and cocoon so not sure which is good.

DvB wrote: »
    Our twins attended treehouse for the best part of 4 years before going to school & they loved it. We always found the girls excellent to deal with & the fact the kids loved going is testamant to the place IMO. They left nearly 3 years ago now but based on our experience we'd have no qualms recommending it.

also now since your childrens might be going to afterschool,
    can I ask which is good, I recently moved there, so finding it difficult to get a place for 2 yr and 8 yr.

cool, how old is the creche if you know about it.
    I have 2 options treehouse and cocoon so not sure which is good.

It was built at the same time as the Allendale estate itself so is about 10-12 years perhaps? Not 100% sure TBH.

We looked at about 3 or 4 other creches after had to move them from another creche where we had an 'incident' we could (& in hindsight should) have taken further. But we never had a single issue (that I can remember anyway) with Treehouse throughout their time there. In fact even now at 7 when it comes up they speak fondly of it.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

also now since your childrens might be going to afterschool,
    can I ask which is good, I recently moved there, so finding it difficult to get a place for 2 yr and 8 yr.

For afterschool care we use Tigers which is based up in their school, St. Benedicts NS.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much, for your reply. It's really difficult.

I was reading review about the other and thought of stepping back and first research it.

I am happy with my current creche and unfortunately have to move my children's as we moved :-(

Thanks v v much.
    It was built at the same time as the Allendale estate itself so is about 10-12 years perhaps? Not 100% sure TBH.

We looked at about 3 or 4 other creches after had to move them from another creche where we had an 'incident' we could (& in hindsight should) have taken further. But we never had a single issue (that I can remember anyway) with Treehouse throughout their time there. In fact even now at 7 when it comes up they speak fondly of it.

ah ok, heard about that . Thanks.

I am trying even for a place in that school :-)
    For afterschool care we use Tigers which is based up in their school, St. Benedicts NS.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 redeye101

Just looking to bump this thread. Does any parent here currently have a child attending Treehouse? I have serious concerns surrounding staff ratios and they seem to have a high turnover of staff/low retention of new staff. All the above is said with my child’s best interests at heart. Happy to hear the opinion of or discuss with any other parents who send their child/children here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dub8000

Things seem to be going from bad to worse now. Another 2 new staff members already gone this week and more likely to leave over the coming weeks. I was only thinking today that we can't be the only parents extremely worried about how things are in there at the minute. We have very serious concerns dropping our child off there every morning. I actually feel very sorry for the younger staff in there. They seem to be the ones having to suffer when there is a so called Creche Manager who is hardly there (probably for the best really) and the 'Area Manager' who seems to think everything is just fine. I absolutely dread to think who would take charge if a real Emergency happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 boards250

Hi. Yes we have kids there in two different rooms. Having attended for nearly 4 years I haven’t ever felt concerned during that time dropping either of them off. I agree lots of new faces but I have always thought the staff turnover has been quite frequent not just recently, I actually lost count there’s been that many.

I know they wrote to me just after Christmas acknowledging and planning that they weren’t going to meet the ratio on two particular days due to some staff being out and changed our schedule to suit this. We had appreciated that, but I’m unaware of there being any days where ratio hasn’t been met and they have still decided to open.

I don’t see much of the area manager most recently in the last 2/3 weeks but I must say when I do see her and the branch manager they are both actively involved in helping with the kids usually in the baby room. The last girl was great with my kids but I never saw her leave the office once she was acting manager.

Post edited by boards250 on

• Advertisement
Advertisement