Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo printer for local club

Options
  • 26-04-2018 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,

2 questions I need some help on.....

1) I have been tasked with getting a decent photo printer for my local GAA club, one which will have no bother printing 200 photo's per day, it should be able to print 8x10 and 6x4 photo's. Could you recommend a decent printer? The printer would be used for approx 15 days.

2) when taking pictures with my canon EOS 1000d, is it possible to have a cable running to a pc from the camera whereby the picture once taken downloads directly to the pc?

All the best,
    hbab2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Very old body, might be able to tether (thats what you're asking in Q2) with EOS util but you might need an old version.

Buying your own won't be cost effective really, is it vital that you print on the spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Thanks ED E, so i need to figure out if I can get the EOS to tether.

It is essential to print on the spot, the printer can be used throughout the year then for other admin bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In that case look into a CISS modification or tank based printer. Printing that much colour at retail rates will crucify you. Photopaper you might get bulk rates for.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Great thank you ED E. if I was to hire one of these priners, can they be hired and maybe where can they be hired?

I think the camera would need to be upgraded too maybe.

Advertisement