Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 20,000 affected as former Bank of Scotland to sell €5bn of mortgages

• 26-04-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Any chance performing tracker mortgage holders could get an early settlement deal now? Say 25% reduction on current outstanding balance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Faulkt1a

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Any chance performing tracker mortgage holders could get an early settlement deal now? Say 25% reduction on current outstanding balance?

Why just 25% ? vulture funds buy in is c.30% of face value.

The loans are loss making

I want compensation (value write-off) for loss of statutory and regulatory safeguards : my contract would no longer be covered by Financial Ombudsman and Central Bank as regulator.

Use every factor in negotiating, and start low !

And as both my friend and I would say : Good luck with that ! In the past there has been no chance of movement with BOSI even though they have been clocking losses for 10 years on the loan !

Hope I'm wrong : no breath held.

P.S. Have you the funds / facility arranged elsewhere to clear the loan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

Faulkt1a wrote: »
    Why just 25% ? vulture funds buy in is c.30% of face value.

The loans are loss making

I want compensation (value write-off) for loss of statutory and regulatory safeguards : my contract would no longer be covered by Financial Ombudsman and Central Bank as regulator.

Use every factor in negotiating, and start low !

And as both my friend and I would say : Good luck with that ! In the past there has been no chance of movement with BOSI even though they have been clocking losses for 10 years on the loan !

Hope I'm wrong : no breath held.

P.S. Have you the funds / facility arranged elsewhere to clear the loan ?

Yep, can clear it tomorrow. But no argument about regulation/compensation. They will purchaser will either be authorised by the CBOI or another EU regulatory body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Yep, can clear it tomorrow. But no argument about regulation/compensation. They will purchaser will either be authorised by the CBOI or another EU regulatory body.

The purchaser might not necessarily be regulated, but they have to employ a regulated company to service the accounts.

So while the loan owner will not be regulated, the day to day running of the loans will still comply with the necessary regulations.

Advertisement