Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skimmed card -theft from account

Options
  • 26-04-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭

Hi BoI

My wife just found out that there were a number of unauthorised transactions taking money from her account over the past few days circa 2k - transactions started happening just after she got paid. (edit -looks like 2800 now)

As she still has her bank card (not credit card) it would indicate that her bank card has been skimmed.

She has just rang me in tears because your customer service/ fraud line basically told her theres nothing they can (or will do).

Please advise what she needs to do to have this stolen money refunded.

daheff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

daheff wrote: »
    Hi BoI

My wife just found out that there were a number of unauthorised transactions taking money from her account over the past few days circa 2k - transactions started happening just after she got paid. (edit -looks like 2900 now)

As she still has her bank card (not credit card) it would indicate that her bank card has been skimmed.

She has just rang me in tears because your customer service/ fraud line basically told her theres nothing they can (or will do).

Please advise what she needs to do to have this stolen money refunded.

daheff
    Hi daheff,

thanks for posting here on Boards.

We're sorry to hear this. If you can send us a DM with more information, we'd be happy to take a look for you.

You can do this by clicking the link below my signature.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭daheff

so just to update here

Wife was in touch with BoI again, and has reported the case to the Gardai. While the initial response from the Fraud /Customer Service team was wrong, once they have looked at it they have turned this around very quickly and have already refunded her account with the stolen money.

So Kudos to BoI on this quick resolution to the issue.

Thanks from me & her!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi daheff,

We’re glad to this is now sorted and apologies that this wasn’t done on your wife’s first call to us.

Hope you both have a lovely weekend and thanks for coming back to update us here.

Tara

Advertisement