Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon and Apartment Deliveries

Options
  • 26-04-2018 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

My apartment block gives a key to the postman to enter the apartment building and leave post.

But other delivery companies cannot access it. There is just key access, not security code access.

I'm just wondering what happens when an Amazon purchase goes to a courier other than An Post.

Do they just telephone people and you go pick it up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

In bigger blocks they just get let in by occupants going about their day. In a small unit that might not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

ED E wrote: »
    In bigger blocks they just get let in by occupants going about their day. In a small unit that might not work.
    Small block unfortunately.

Addresspal is a work around, but surely lots of people have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Informally theres a lot of drop it in the shop/garage/pub kinda stuff going on. Insurance doesnt cover said items though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Yes, Addresspal does solve the problem. I was just curious about how they leave a delivery attempt note, or whether they call the number you've registered with Amazon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement