Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly question

Options
  • 26-04-2018 3:35pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Stupid question but have a 9100 dura ace chain set and wonder if i can change the rings from 53/39 to 52/36 ??

Comments

as long as you keep the difference to no more than 16t you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Not a Shimano man myself, but I was always under the impression that from the 9000 series, the one crankset would take standard, semi-compact and compact chainrings.

Here's your answer: https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/component/duraace-r9100/FC-R9100.html

Chain ring combination 55-42T; 54-42T; 53-39T; 52-36T; 50-34T;

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yep. Completely supported. I have that crank in a 52x34, 52x36 and a 53x36. The only one officially supported by Shimano for optimal shifting (they have them shaped, pins etc.. to work in specific pairs) is 52x36... not that I could tell the difference between any of them in terms of shift quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

The obvious answer is a new bike!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The obvious answer is a new bike!

I think with 7 complete ones already along with a frame 2 group-sets and 3 spare sets of wheels that might be difficult to sell to Mrs Fowl.......

• Advertisement
Advertisement