Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel insurance claim

• 26-04-2018 3:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭

My flight home from Spain was cancelled during the bad snow earlier this year . Earliest flight back ryanair offered was 6 days later. Ive put a claim against my travel insurance .

Insurance company have asked for a letter confirming cause of delay and reason from the airline.I have provided copies of Ryanair flight cancellation letter , booking of replacement flight given but insurance have said this is not good enough, they must have a written letter from Ryanair confirming both .

Ryanair have confirmed by email and online chat that they do not issue such letters and would not be confirming the reason for the delay . Insurance company says Ryanair issue those letters all the time and without it I cant claim .Im now stuck between the insurance company and Ryanair.
    Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can get Ryanair to issue the letter the insurance company want?

Advertisement