Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illauntannig island

• 26-04-2018 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi there. Does anyone know if it is possible to visit Illauntannig island? Is there a local boat service that I could hire to get me out there? Also, does anyone know what the rules are regarding camping? I have a slight obsession with islands and this is my latest dream destination! Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi there. Does anyone know if it is possible to visit Illauntannig island? Is there a local boat service that I could hire to get me out there? Also, does anyone know what the rules are regarding camping? I have a slight obsession with islands and this is my latest dream destination! Any help appreciated!

Where is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

Where is it?

The Maharees.

There's a cottage that you can stay at on the island, nothing else popped up accommodation wise. You'd be better off finding out who owns the land and getting permission to camp, or ring the cottage and ask them if you can camp nearby?

Not sure about getting out there, again contact a local boat man and he'll probably do it for a few pound. If you can't find any details try the post office in Castlegregory to see if they can help.

The one and only review of the cottage on trip advisor

If you are the type of person that can't live without phone, WiFi, and even electricity, this is not the place for you. If however you are the more adventurous type and want a rare chance to get away from everything....look no further. Spent a wonderful week on Illauntannig Island, alone with my family. Everyone loved it (even the kids). Time stands still here, and gives you a chance to really breathe. Came home feeling rejuvenated. BTW, all rooms have an equally good sea view :-)

Advertisement