Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the "Gorey" details...

Options
  • 26-04-2018 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

I told people that I would stop banging on about this, but I'm coming up to what I hope is a year in the clear and having a couple of people with similar experience saying that reading a positive cancer* story has given them a bit of a lift has made me determined to share it as much as I can.

Don't worry, I'm not looking for kudos or thanks. Or even to be told that I am the greatest hero in American history. If it can make one more person feel positive about their situation, then that's more than enough for me.

It was rejected by stickybottle, or at least they never got back to me, so maybe it's not as engaging as I'd like to think, but enjoy anyway:

https://www.orwellwheelers.org/racing/open-racing/1148-all-the-gorey-details

* As a good friend said to me "it's not really a proper cancer", so apologies. I do try and refer to it as lymphoma or hodgkins as much as I can as I know that there are people with cancer facing much tougher battles than I did! I just moaned about mine a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭secman

Really good inspired read , delighted to hear that you are a year in the clear with decades , upon multiple decades and vrt and vat on them too to look forward to :)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

secman wrote: »
    Really good inspired read , delighted to hear that you are a year in the clear with decades , upon multiple decades and vrt and vat on them too to look forward to :)
    Inspiring stuff mike saw it on twitter and checked in here for first time in ages. Happy to hear you are well.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭guanciale

Great to read something positive.
    Keep plugging away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

DirkVoodoo without the lustrous locks - the whole of 410 is traumatised! :eek:

Great read and thanks for sharing it! I predict a brilliant year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,976 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Well done Dirk. Good story and great to finish the Gorey!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

wait, your name is not actually Dirk Voodoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭biketard

Fantastic read, Michael. Thanks for posting.

Advertisement