Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir - cashback deals through One big switch - total disaster

Options
  • 26-04-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So, after phoning today for the 7th or 8th time, speaking to different people since god knows when and following disaster after disaster.

This will be my last attempt before I honestly just pay the 250 euro and cancel my contract.

I am owed a 100 euro through my paypal from on Eir (I am a member of one big switch and availed of the cash back broadband deal).

I have spoken to Stephanie, Andrew, Kim(From loyalty) and goodness knows who else related to this who keep telling me all they can do is contact "back office". This means little to nothing to me however, if "back office" don't send me an email with a link so I can get the money I am owed.

Please, for goodness sakes, employ more/better people "in the back office" who are capable of following through on requests.

I expect an answer here and an email promptly, if not I will cancel my contract. (My bill is still also incorrectly showing I owe 11.50 for "pro rata" fee which I will not pay due to canceling the incorrect order YOU PLACED on a mobile deal which I had to phone 20+times for to cancel after your sales team made a mistake)

Please, I mean dear god, this is unacceptable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Pro2ac wrote: »
    So, after phoning today for the 7th or 8th time, speaking to different people since god knows when and following disaster after disaster.

This will be my last attempt before I honestly just pay the 250 euro and cancel my contract.

I am owed a 100 euro through my paypal from on Eir (I am a member of one big switch and availed of the cash back broadband deal).

I have spoken to Stephanie, Andrew, Kim(From loyalty) and goodness knows who else related to this who keep telling me all they can do is contact "back office". This means little to nothing to me however, if "back office" don't send me an email with a link so I can get the money I am owed.

Please, for goodness sakes, employ more/better people "in the back office" who are capable of following through on requests.

I expect an answer here and an email promptly, if not I will cancel my contract. (My bill is still also incorrectly showing I owe 11.50 for "pro rata" fee which I will not pay due to canceling the incorrect order YOU PLACED on a mobile deal which I had to phone 20+times for to cancel after your sales team made a mistake)

Please, I mean dear god, this is unacceptable.
    Hi Pro2ac ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Pro2ac

I will be PM'ing this thread to friends and family and if no adequate response is received will be bringing the whole appalling ordeal to the attention of the media - including the details my family members have suffered at this companies hands. I have spent hours trying to sort our Eir mistakes and will do so no longer.

I will be PM'ing this thread to friends and family and if no adequate response is received will be bringing the whole appalling ordeal to the attention of the media - including the details my family members have suffered at this companies hands. I have spent hours trying to sort our Eir mistakes and will do so no longer.
    I have responded to your PM.

Thanks

Thomas

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas, not only do I still not have any evidence of the cashback in my Eir account, but my bill also has not gone out and at this point I am beyond fed up. I've spent literal days where I should be working, doing nothing but talking to your phone operators who seem to be totally unsure of your processes. Transfer the 100 euro to my Eir account, ensure you take 40 euro and not a cent more from my account and take the 11.48 off my record as I do not owe you for a pro rata charge on a phone deal your sales team accidentally gave me in the first place. I am totally beyond my wits with your service and have loudly and repeatedly told anyone who will listen to stay the hell away from Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks

Thomas
    Thomas, not only do I still not have any evidence of the cashback in my Eir account, but my bill also has not gone out and at this point I am beyond fed up. I've spent literal days where I should be working, doing nothing but talking to your phone operators who seem to be totally unsure of your processes. Transfer the 100 euro to my Eir account, ensure you take 40 euro and not a cent more from my account and take the 11.48 off my record as I do not owe you for a pro rata charge on a phone deal your sales team accidentally gave me in the first place. I am totally beyond my wits with your service and have loudly and repeatedly told anyone who will listen to stay the hell away from Eir.
    Hi Pro2ac, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I'm afraid Thomas is off. 

I have responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

I have been informed by this representative that not only should the 100 euro cashback be credited to my Eir account - but by the 12th of this coming month my account _should_ be corrected (Including the debt on the account that is incorrect due to the sales team charging me for something I did not ask for - Eir canceling that and then further charging me the pro rata charge for adding a package I did not ask for). I will keep to update this thread accordingly as to be perfectly honest, I expect another disaster to follow promptly.

I have been informed by this representative that not only should the 100 euro cashback be credited to my Eir account - but by the 12th of this coming month my account _should_ be corrected (Including the debt on the account that is incorrect due to the sales team charging me for something I did not ask for - Eir canceling that and then further charging me the pro rata charge for adding a package I did not ask for). I will keep to update this thread accordingly as to be perfectly honest, I expect another disaster to follow promptly.
    I understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry for all inconvenience caused. 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to me. 

Thanks

Tracey 

I understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy, so my account is still incorrect - and furthermore I have still not received any update concerning the 100 euro cash back.

Tomorrow is the deadline you set in the PM for this all to be corrected. I will check then again but have little to no faith this will be resolved.

Please advise?

Thank you,

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracy, so my account is still incorrect - and furthermore I have still not received any update concerning the 100 euro cash back.

Tomorrow is the deadline you set in the PM for this all to be corrected. I will check then again but have little to no faith this will be resolved.

Please advise?

Thank you,
    Hi Pro2ac,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Pro2ac,

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I am totally unwilling to constantly have to give my details, repeatedly, to a new person, to get the same issue sorted you PROMISED would be sorted weeks and weeks ago. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS attempting to get my cashback for the Eir deal which has been nothing short of a catastrophe since it started either way.

My account has not been credited, it still appears to say I owe Eir over 11 euro which you Know is not true (A pro rata charge for a deal your sales team incorrectly sold). I am totally and completely fed up with Eirs DISMAL service.

I will give you, THOMAS, my account details again. For the millionth time. But this is absurd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Why go thru all that hassle for so little money?

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Why go thru all that hassle for so little money?
    Hi Pkiernan,
    Thanks for the message. The reason I am willing to spend this much time on the issue is ;
    A.  I was lured into a deal with specific advantages and disadvantages. So far, the advantages have not proven true. This makes the agreement fundamentally a falsehood. I do not abide being treated like a gibbering idiot by a company I pay for a service. I will continue to post publically and demand the services I am owed for the money I have paid for it as I am stuck in this agreement for 12 months regardless.
    B.   Because upon my advisement my poor mother in law landed up in a total MESS with Eir and I genuinely hope that the bad publicity will keep other people from making the same mistakes we did.

It’s pathetic that a company can get away with first lying to gain new customers, then treating them awfully when they demand service and further not fixing their own mistakes repeatedly when given a chance. 

Hi Pro2ac,

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I am totally unwilling to constantly have to give my details, repeatedly, to a new person, to get the same issue sorted you PROMISED would be sorted weeks and weeks ago. I have spent HOURS AND HOURS attempting to get my cashback for the Eir deal which has been nothing short of a catastrophe since it started either way.

My account has not been credited, it still appears to say I owe Eir over 11 euro which you Know is not true (A pro rata charge for a deal your sales team incorrectly sold). I am totally and completely fed up with Eirs DISMAL service.

I will give you, THOMAS, my account details again. For the millionth time. But this is absurd.
    Hi Thomas,

So beyond your lack of responses - again. 

I notice my account is still incorrect and says I owe you money - which you know I do not. There is not credited amount as was promised. 

Please advise?

Hi Pro2ac,

Thanks 

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Hi Thomas,

So beyond your lack of responses - again. 

I notice my account is still incorrect and says I owe you money - which you know I do not. There is not credited amount as was promised. 

Please advise?
    Hi there, 

Thomas isn't in today I'm afraid. 

I've checked your account with the details you sent on to us and can confirm the credit has been applied to your account. There was a bill issued today with the €100 credit on it so your account is currently in credit of €60 as your package is €40.  There is no money owed on the account. 

The my eir account will only update after this bill has been issued so should update in the next 48 hours. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I have not yet received an email with details of my cashback. Ive been on to Thomas by PM and to Shivam on the MyEir Chat to get an email address to get in touch with the team who are dealing with this. Im being given a 1800 number but dont have the time to wait for ages on a telephone queue.

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact whomever is dealing with this?

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I have not yet received an email with details of my cashback. Ive been on to Thomas by PM and to Shivam on the MyEir Chat to get an email address to get in touch with the team who are dealing with this. Im being given a 1800 number but dont have the time to wait for ages on a telephone queue.

Does anyone know of an email address I can use to contact whomever is dealing with this?
    Hi TomOnBoard,

I can assure you there is no email that can be provided in this situation.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Hi TomOnBoard,

Thanks

Thomas

I cant understand how/why an internet provider cant work on an enquiry via e-mail.

I'll try and fit a call in (although personal calls arent allowed in most workplaces).

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Hi TomOnBoard,

Thanks

Thomas

I cant understand how/why an internet provider cant work on an enquiry via e-mail.

I'll try and fit a call in (although personal calls arent allowed in most workplaces).
    I completely understand your frustrations at this time and once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement