Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city center hotel ?

Options
  • 26-04-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I don't know Dublin very well so some help needed. I have four Norwegian friends coming to Dublin in late May for a long week-end, all in their 50's I've booked the usual "tours" for them but I don't know what hotel to book....not too expensive and close to town, or on a decent luas/bus route. They wouldn't be temple bar people, tho' they will have to try it. Some ideas would be handy for them....pubs (music) good restaurants.weekend of the 24th to 27th...soccer match would be good too Bohs..Shels...Rovers !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

nlrkjos wrote: »
    I don't know Dublin very well so some help needed. I have four Norwegian friends coming to Dublin in late May for a long week-end, all in their 50's I've booked the usual "tours" for them but I don't know what hotel to book....not too expensive and close to town, or on a decent luas/bus route. They wouldn't be temple bar people, tho' they will have to try it. Some ideas would be handy for them....pubs (music) good restaurants.weekend of the 24th to 27th...soccer match would be good too Bohs..Shels...Rovers !!!

Go to trivago and search for Dublin. It will give you the option of selecting city centre.

As for a soccer match...Dundalk is the best and most entertaining team to watch at the moment. They are playing Bobs in Dundalk that weekend. Only an hour and a bit by direct bus, or the train takes you within a couple of hundred metres of Oriel Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Something like the Maldron in Smithfield? Places to eat, Cobblestone for music, bars in Stoneybatter and the city. They can walk to the city or take the Luas if they're tired or its raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

I would recommend the Gibson Hotel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Class of 82

Football wise, it has to be a Shamrock Rovers. Best set up for a football club is this country.

I would suggest emailing to club before the visit to see if they can visit the suite in the ground which is reserved for members and season ticket holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

It all depends on whether it's 2 couples or 4 singletons or how many rooms are required.
    As a general rule, if there's a big concert on, Dublin hotel accommodation is very costly and hard to find.

I would have suggested The Gibson or Aishling as both are on a LUAS line, but both are booked up those dates.

To give you an example, if it's 2 couples here's a reasonable enough suggestion.

http://www.booking.com/Share-FOQmwb

By the way, I don't know why you feel they'd have to try Temple Bar, nobody has to, do they?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

Thanks lads, got rooms in Camden Court, expensive enough but the boys reckon they'll save on the price of drink and food anyway, price for a decent meal in Norway = €50 pp without wine, and a half liter beer € 8-9. Going to Pats v Cork on 25th, tempted for the Rovers match v Bohs but feck'it I'm a city fan, probably get hit by lightning if I entered Tallaght stadium...but do agree, Rovers have a fine set-up,and LOI needs them back in the top, my daughter is travelling up tomorrow night for the City game ! As for Temple Bar !!!!! they just heard so much about it from other Norsk that they have to try it, for them (and me) it's still on the cheap side. Doing the Glasnevin tour and the Guinness store, so hopefully good craic.......just need to convince me wife that she doesn't want to go !

Advertisement