Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show April 27th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Perhaps they have a 2 bed apartment and 2 kids would be too many, housing crisis and that or they want a boy so he could play football and don't need the girl...this is the way the world has now gone.

Get a grip pal.

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Try_harder wrote: »
    Yes but these laws are not black and white so morals are not absolute

Are we imposing morals on others by making the intentional killing of another person illegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Especially if the bollix is breaking in to your house at 2am.

Good we have established that their isnt an absolute right to life then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Should we close off post from outside Ireland to stop the pills?

Uncharted wrote: »
    Who determined the panellists? Woefully lob sided at first impression. Iv heard nothing of substance from the no side.

There's a reason for that...

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Another stupid argument. Should we legalize heroin because it's legal in some other country?

That wasn't my point at all.

My point is that is what is happening. And that is what will continue to happen.

Just so we can say "oh there's no abortuon in ireland"

Complete farce

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So all we need to do is regulate all activities that humans do that are currently illegal, since being illegal doesn't stop it.

Have a day for a purge, like in the movie series....

M

This is the worst debate setup ever, it's like the Valentines Night special when he was having the cosy chat with the olden folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Most no voters arent in the Boards demographic

Exactly. The boards is not so much an age demographic as a certain type of person, myself included, who post on such sites.

We get all ages on here as we do people who never post.

• Advertisement

Are we imposing morals on others by making the intentional killing of another person illegal?

We have laws that make unintentional killing illegal also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

She died of sepsis which only developed because she didn't get the abortion she needed and requested, but hey, "Ireland is a catholic country" :rolleyes:

/recites another decade of the "Savita died of sepsis, antibiotics would have saved her" Rosary.

amdublin wrote: »
    That wasn't my point at all.

My point is that is what is happening. And that is what will continue to happen.

Just so we can say "oh there's no abortuon in ireland"

Complete farce

People are using heroin in Ireland. It's not an argument.

We could always just repeal the 8th so we can legislate.
    So that abortion is available when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

He has been forced to leave his home he lived in with his wife for many years. His wife is not well. They are both in their latter years. He defended himself and his wife against a burglar holding a screwdriver intent on robbing their money and possession.. because that man killed the perpetrator who has numerous convictions for burglary his life and his wife's has been made complete hell. Disgraceful.

So murder isnt always wrong then
    When the elderly man and his ill wife went to bed in their own home. If some scumbag who is known to target elderly people and terrorise and Rob them came off worse for a change. Then of course it's not murder. It's self defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

RobertKK wrote: »
    At least legalised cigarettes stopped illegal cigarettes being bought.

Along similar lines, a guard friend of mine always laugh at the notion that legalising drugs will put the gangs that smuggle drugs in here at the moment out of business.

• Advertisement

We have laws that make unintentional killing illegal also.

What is your point? You were giving out about pro lifers imposing their morals on other; my point is we impose our morals on people all the time through the law.

NAGDEFI wrote: »
    Exactly. The boards is not so much an age demographic as a certain type of person, myself included, who post on such sites.

We get all ages on here as we do people who never post.

Id say boards is largely Male 20-40 third level educatied

Not representative of society at all

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

Answer the question wendy

I'm voting No as I feel it will save more lives and overall be the best outcome.

You want to force women to be pregnant when they don't want to be and then force the trauma of unwanted birth upon them.

What a hero.

The Irish state gave an abortion to a Traveller girl who was sexually abused, and she said the abortion was worse than the rape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

The "no" speakers are really not speaking well at all. Their inability to answer a straight question is admirable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,373 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Rhona Mahony (master of national maternity hospital) is in favour of repeal.... So that lady on the save the 8th has downright lied there horrendous

??

What's heroin got to do with women who require an abortion because of things like ffa, rape, crisis pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

#Ibelievehim

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

A lot of waffle from the No side with that audience question. Saying loads but saying nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

And we're finally getting out **** together and setting up supervised injection centres instead of doing our usual crap of "oh let's just make it illegal and hope it goes away" while in the meantime the addicts are shooting themselves up on the quays in front of children.

M

You will have to go through 3 doctors for opinion to approve an abortion, bloody joke, should be just a Yes or No choice if you want an abortion.

What is your point? You were giving out about pro lifers imposing their morals on other; my point is we impose our morals on people all the time through the law.

But one grouping alone cant impose their morals on everyone thats authoritarian not democratic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

amdublin wrote: »
    We could always just repeal the 8th so we can legislate.
    So that abortion is available when needed.

The pills are going to be far more expensive here, just like every other form of medication. People will still buy them abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭Jeff2

And for every woman in the oudianse a free return trip to England thanks to air lingus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭sudzs

Haha, I remember the days when youd buy Cosmo or Marie Claire and a lot of the ads at the back of the mags were blanked out. They were the ads for Marie Stokes etc.... Mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lack of value and morals lead to 99% of the pregnancies. They're acting like every unwanted pregnancy was through rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Way to make a woman’s personal circumstances all about yourself Mr GP.

But one grouping alone cant impose their morals on everyone thats authoritarian not democratic

Forget it. I don't think you get my point.

When the elderly man and his ill wife went to bed in their own home. If some scumbag who is known to target elderly people and terrorise and Rob them came off worse for a change. Then of course it's not murder. It's self defence.

In all circumstances? Surely it would depend on the force used and how

Lack of value and morals lead to 99% of the pregnancies. They're acting like every unwanted pregnancy was through rape.

Blessed be

Way to make a woman’s personal circumstances all about yourself Mr GP.

There's a baby involved, no matter how you want to dehumanise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,700 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The woman in the Red Dress is talking utter scour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Galego

RobertKK wrote: »
    The Irish state gave an abortion to a Traveller girl who was sexually abused, and she said the abortion was worse than the rape.

How?

• Advertisement

The Yes woman didn't address the problem the doctor raised, which will be require doctors against abortion to send the woman to another doctor and therefore complicit in the abortion.

M

sudzs wrote: »
    Haha, I remember the days when youd buy Cosmo or Marie Claire and a lot of the ads at the back of the mags were blanked out. They were the ads for Marie Stokes etc.... Mad!

That's the ultra kip we lived in, it was up there with living in Russia, a few corrupt scrotes having their way, thank feck for the internet to expose these villans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 755 ✭✭✭NAGDEFI

Stark wrote: »
    /recites another decade of the "Savita died of sepsis, antibiotics would have saved her" Rosary.

Posts like this are typical of the so called liberals. They mock others' beliefs. You can't say you're a practising Catholic without ridicule. We don't condone child abuse. We abhor the many scandals but we believe in the message of Christ, imperfectly implemented by mankind. But we have a right not to be ridiculed.

sudzs wrote: »

Books couldnt refer to abortion either or they were banned before 1992

Blessed be

Church, Pub, Drink, Sex, ooops

Repeat

Church, Pub, Drink, Sex, ooops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

People will vote as they see fit. We live in a country of dullards at this moment.
    Dev's oppression is gone but we still have ****birds as a majority who are all rights and no responsibility.
    Forget your sentimentalism. Life is life. Life hurts. Its cruel and harsh. But no matter what, life must live. Pro choice is a navel gazing exercise. You can dress it up how you want. The only instance where I can see termination being justified is where a foetus is dead. Anything else is taking of life. At least if the legislation sanctioned it as such, as in USA where the state murders humans, then it would be legally sound. But to deny its the taking of LIFE is absurd and abhorrent.
    I should provide a caveat that I'm a vegan and view all life as sacred and regret when I've killed it accidentally.
    And the ironic laughable part is that so many vegans are leftie pro-choice. The mind boggles. We need a Spanish civil war type anarchic melee.
    May the best man (oops! Sentient being) win...

• Advertisement

Posts like this are typical of the so called liberals. They mock others' beliefs. You can't say you're a practising Catholic without ridicule. We don't condone child abuse. We abhor the many scandals but we believe in the message of Christ, imperfectly implemented by mankind. But we have a right not to be ridiculed.

But you cannot impose your religious beliefs on others and dress it up as a humanitarian act

Berserker wrote: »
    The pills are going to be far more expensive here, just like every other form of medication. People will still buy them abroad.

The medication is safe. But in the event that something goes wrong e.g. excessive bleeding the woman in ireland cannot currently reveal to their health care provider they took the pills because they're illegal. If the 8th was repealed and legislated for it the pills would not be illegal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,456 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Galego wrote: »
    How?

Dont mind how. Ask him for a source for the story first.

Mormon country haven't this problem with unwanted pregnancies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Ah jaysus. What exactly do you mean by "lack of value and morals?"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement