Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astonished by info on batteries (HKC Wireless)

• 26-04-2018 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I've been reporting on this Board recently trying to track an issue with my HKC Quantum 70 alarms....I have two.

One has been giving me grief regards Low Battery power report/fault in SABB. Thank you all for your responses.

Just this evening I was researching a wireless Wi-Fi door chime by a leading brand name and in the Q&A section one reviewer told readers NOT to purchase the batteries which were often sold with this product as after install the bell/chime only worked two or three times....The batteries were Duracell Ultra. When he got onto support they said he must only use alkaline batteries ...his batteries were indeed alkaline but the wireless chime would not work. Acting on advice he promptly purchased another brand of the batteries and instantly the wireless chime system worked.

Now if you've read my previous post (s) I replaced ALL 6 batteries with Duracell batteries of the correct voltage and spec as in alkaline. My system however never cleared the fault and is now and since the NEW replacements annoying the hell out of us every time we set or unset the alarm.

The door chime issue prompted me to put it out there that some may have had an issue before with HKC Alarm battery replacements and had to replace batteries even though brand new with another brand like HKC OWN brand....any thoughts?? Or is it just a fluke encounter??

I'm resolved to purchasing a new SABB but await any similar experience in case it's something as outlandish as battery type / brand.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The devices batteries should replace OK and clear any faults..
    I could be wrong but think HKC may have changed from their branded ones to Duracell after one went on fire in a PiR.
    The battery fault wont clear on the panel battery unless you reset the timer in the engineer menu. Its also important to note that the panel battery alert comes up based on time & not the voltage of the battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

Stinky45 wrote: »
    I've been reporting on this Board recently trying to track an issue with my HKC Quantum 70 alarms....I have two.

One has been giving me grief regards Low Battery power report/fault in SABB. Thank you all for your responses.

Just this evening I was researching a wireless Wi-Fi door chime by a leading brand name and in the Q&A section one reviewer told readers NOT to purchase the batteries which were often sold with this product as after install the bell/chime only worked two or three times....The batteries were Duracell Ultra. When he got onto support they said he must only use alkaline batteries ...his batteries were indeed alkaline but the wireless chime would not work. Acting on advice he promptly purchased another brand of the batteries and instantly the wireless chime system worked.

Now if you've read my previous post (s) I replaced ALL 6 batteries with Duracell batteries of the correct voltage and spec as in alkaline. My system however never cleared the fault and is now and since the NEW replacements annoying the hell out of us every time we set or unset the alarm.

The door chime issue prompted me to put it out there that some may have had an issue before with HKC Alarm battery replacements and had to replace batteries even though brand new with another brand like HKC OWN brand....any thoughts?? Or is it just a fluke encounter??

I'm resolved to purchasing a new SABB but await any similar experience in case it's something as outlandish as battery type / brand.

Thank you, if that was the case though we would all have known about probably 5 years ago at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Stinky45

Yes....I agree....the post was on the off chance that I'd missed something. I did replace the panel battery last year and had no problem resetting the timer etc all went well on that occasion....thanks again.

Advertisement