Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tan

Options
  • 26-04-2018 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

On the look out for a new fake tan that won’t break me out or look like I’ve been tangoed!
    Has anyone tried the new sosueme one? It’s pricey enough so thought I’d ask before spending.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hithere246

The best tan I've used is Vita Liberate Phenomenal. It's meant to last 2-3 weeks if applied 3 days running. I've only done 2 days as I'm very pale and use the dark tan and I don't like to look too sprayed. It certainly didnt last that long. That doesn't bother me cos I love it. For me it has a very smooth finish. I'm 40 so can't put any old thing on my skin. It's not cheap but I found buying the 250ml was only 7e dearer than half the size..its lasted ages. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Hithere246 wrote: »
    The best tan I've used is Vita Liberate Phenomenal. It's meant to last 2-3 weeks if applied 3 days running. I've only done 2 days as I'm very pale and use the dark tan and I don't like to look too sprayed. It certainly didnt last that long. That doesn't bother me cos I love it. For me it has a very smooth finish. I'm 40 so can't put any old thing on my skin. It's not cheap but I found buying the 250ml was only 7e dearer than half the size..its lasted ages. Well worth it.

Thanks hither. This is actually one of my favorite tans too but I switched as I couldn’t justify the €45 price tag. It turned a lovely shade on me. I might bite the bullet and buy the dripping good one and see what it’s like; it’s pricey but half the price of the vita one.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Recliner

Slight hijack here so apologies. I don't wear fake tan but I need to wear some for a wedding next week. I don't want to get a spray tan, so would anyone have recommendations for a light type of tan, i.e. not very dark, I'm pale skinned with a pinky tone. I just want something to take the "dead" look off me. I'd be hoping to apply it Wednesday evening for a Friday wedding.
    Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Thanks hither. This is actually one of my favorite tans too but I switched as I couldn’t justify the €45 price tag. It turned a lovely shade on me. I might bite the bullet and buy the dripping good one and see what it’s like; it’s pricey but half the price of the vita one.

I found the kit which is the tan the skin polish and a tanning mitt in TK Maxx for 12.99. Never tried it before so glad to hear good reviews. Am going on holiday next week. Does it fade well or patchy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Recliner wrote: »
    Slight hijack here so apologies. I don't wear fake tan but I need to wear some for a wedding next week. I don't want to get a spray tan, so would anyone have recommendations for a light type of tan, i.e. not very dark, I'm pale skinned with a pinky tone. I just want something to take the "dead" look off me. I'd be hoping to apply it Wednesday evening for a Friday wedding.
    Thanks..
    Have you ever used Sally Hansen airbrush legs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Catwalk is a fab tan goes on lovely and wears off even. Im very paled skin and wear the medium..

Recliner wrote:
    Slight hijack here so apologies. I don't wear fake tan but I need to wear some for a wedding next week. I don't want to get a spray tan, so would anyone have recommendations for a light type of tan, i.e. not very dark, I'm pale skinned with a pinky tone. I just want something to take the "dead" look off me. I'd be hoping to apply it Wednesday evening for a Friday wedding. Thanks..

I love the St. Tropez gradual tan. For a wedding I would build it up for 2 or 3 days in advance. Find it very nourishing on body and face. It's a cream. I am very pale and would still go for the dark one. Find it's a nice natural glow and it certainly wouldn't break the bank. Put it on before bed and shower in morning. Enjoy the wedding 😊

GingerLily wrote:
    Have you ever used Sally Hansen airbrush legs?

I love Sally Hansen for the body but can't use it on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hithere246 wrote:
    I love Sally Hansen for the body but can't use it on my face.

Where are you based? I got au courant spray tan for my own wedding and its sooo natural. If you're not in Dublin then I would recommend the Vita liberata light spray tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

I am a huge fan of Bellamianta lotion. I am fair so apply one coat with a mitt for a very natural light glow. My favorite thing about it is it fades off really evenly, no patchiness whatsoever unlike all other tans I have used which leave me brown bodied but with white hands and legs after a few showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Hithere246 wrote:

Sorry I just see you said you don't want a spray tan. On a day to day basis inuse the Garnier summer body gradual tan...one coat and you have a lovely light golden glow. It's fab and only s tenner. Do not get the light version as it will do nothing.... the deep sunkissed bottle is brilliant and one good layer will give you a gorgeous light golden glow the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Recliner

Going to try the Garnier, sounds like what I need..might start using it this wknd and build it up to what I like. thanks for all the suggestions..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Just RE the Garnier gradual tan - now I'm probably a bit of a numpty applying it but any time I have, I've ended up with patchy ankles and orangey bits etc, BUT I tried the Rimmel gradual tan and find it much better, much more foolproof. It's more of a browny shade (rather than orange) than the Garnier one. Give that a try too and see how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

I'd been using the Garnier for light skin and found it gave a believable (ie not dark) glow, but as the bottle is finished, I'm looking around to see what else is out there. The Dove one seems to be highly recommended but there are 2 and I'm not sure which is best - DermaSpa summer revived, or Visible Glow - any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

I have tried a lot of fake tans before, and the one I love most is the BBold Smart Mousse (white bottle).  You leave it on for between 1--3 hours depending on the level of colour you want, rinse off just with water and then it develops after you have rinsed off.  I find it very moisturising on my skin and fades beautifully.  I find it develops best if you apply a light moisturiser after rinsing off, and it only costs €15 and lasts ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Mandser wrote:
    I have tried a lot of fake tans before, and the one I love most is the BBold Smart Mousse (white bottle). You leave it on for between 1--3 hours depending on the level of colour you want, rinse off just with water and then it develops after you have rinsed off. I find it very moisturising on my skin and fades beautifully. I find it develops best if you apply a light moisturiser after rinsing off, and it only costs €15 and lasts ages!

Does it have that horrible smell typical of most tans?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Mandser

august12 wrote: »
    Mandser wrote:
    I have tried a lot of fake tans before, and the one I love most is the BBold Smart Mousse (white bottle). You leave it on for between 1--3 hours depending on the level of colour you want, rinse off just with water and then it develops after you have rinsed off. I find it very moisturising on my skin and fades beautifully. I find it develops best if you apply a light moisturiser after rinsing off, and it only costs €15 and lasts ages!

Does it have that horrible smell typical of most tans?
    it does have a fake tan smell, but I dont find it as bad as the others because you wash off the guide colour before it develops so I think that takes away most of the smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ToryVi

I use the Bali Body. It's quite expensive but worth every penny!

Advertisement