Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 3 Fixtures and Results

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Group A

Senegal 1 - 5 Chile

Revenge for Chile as Alexis Sanchez banged in four goals! Great game. Senegal's finishing was poor whereas Chile's was the opposite!

Thanks for the game, Deaduis.

Group A

Uruguay 0 - 2 Senegal

Very close game where an injury-time goal at the end finally killed Uruguay off. Thought Uruguay had scored another worldie of a volley to equalise in the second half but it went just wide of the post.

Thanks for the game, Cienciano/Meath77.

Group A

Spain 1 - 2 Senegal

Great game. Spain were very unlucky as they pushed very hard at the end. De Gea came up for a corner in injury-time and Senegal's 'keeper had to pull off two great saves to hold on for the win.

Thanks for the game, niallym.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Uruguay (Meath77) 2 - 2 Spain (niallym)

Uruguay were 2 down, but an og put them back in and an injury time equaliser leveled it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Group A

Spain 0 - 4 Chile

game started off well, Chile got two early goals, Niallym was unlucky two have two shots off the upright. The legs went on the Spanish towards teh end with two late goals.

GG Niallym

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭whavin

Group A

Chile 3-2 Uruguay

Savage game Chile to get a two goal lead with Uruguay to pull up it up even, Chile we're with the backs to the wall only for Sanchez to snatch it with the last kick,

great game meath77

• Registered Users Posts: 14,290 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Spain (niallym) 1 - 0 Uruguay (Meath77)

A pique header that barely crossed the line separated the 2 teams. Uruguay had a great chance in injury time to get the draw but deliberately missed so niallym would get a win. Good game, group a got their shít together tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Group D

Portugal 3 - 8 Switzerland

A fairly end to end game. Ronaldo was obviously always a threat but the Swiss finishing was on top form. Good game Nslattery

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Group D

Denmark 2 - 0 Portugal

A very good game between both sides & that pain in my ass Braithwaite scored both goals. Ronaldo didn't have his shooting boots on.

Well played Stephen

* Just looking back on my last 2 results, I should have gone all out defense and try to grab a draw vs Switzerland and finish 2nd in the group.
    My gung-ho approach to trying to attack every game has cost me in the end.
    I need to rethink my tactics for the shield :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Group C

France 0 - 5 Ireland

Ireland 2 - 2 France - good game here where France came back from 2-0 down. Wasn’t happy with a last man tackle towards the end when I was nearly 1-on-1 but a draw is good to prob see me thru anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Group C

Ecuador (Colemaniser) 1-3 France (danharps)

When Giroud can run through your whole team like Messi and Kante can win headers against Caicedo and Valencia, you know you've picked the wrong team :pac:

France took the lead with Giroud and doubled the lead in the second half with Lacazette, both arguably from my defenders losing the ball. Got one back through a freak goal from Valencia with a big deflection looping over the keeper (definite glitch) but after going all out attack, Payet scored a last minute goal to seal the win.

Good game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Italy (Nailz) 0 - 0 France (danharps)

Hard fought draw for both teams, not for the want of trying from either side though! Fairly open first half, France were hard to break down.

I spent most of the second half parked in my own half, with Giroud providing a new outlet from set pieces. I was counterattacking on scraps, but ultimately we cancelled each other out and it finished goalless.

Good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Argetina 4 - 5 Wales

Last game for me in the group and what a way to finish.

Really thought i had damo here, i took an 1-0 lead early, damo responda instantly. 1-1. I put another in the back of the net to make it 2-1. Damo just goes on the spree here and its 4-2 to him with 3 goals. I come back to make it 4-4 and then its half time.
    Damo gets another goal to finish me off in second half.

GG Damo, was a quality game

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Group b

(Damok21) Wales 6-3 Turkey (kenneth192)

Great game this with too many highlights to record ! End to end stuff from the get go with bale being the difference ! Hennessy made some good saves aswell !

Here are the fixtures for the Champions Cup and Shield.

All games have 2 legs, including the final. If its level, a 3rd game is played at the lowest time limit possible and set up to have a penalty shootout if that 3rd game is level.

You will see in the Shield, I have given Portugal a walkover against Ecuador as I won't be able to participate in the Shield.

All games to be played by next Saturday night. Any games not played will be void and I will make a decision on who, if anyone, proceeds to the next round. So if you're available to play, post on boards or the group chat on psn.

PES Champions Cup

15s7af8.png

PES Shield

okz8fk.png

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Champions cup quarter final

Leg 1

(Damok21) Wales 4-0 Chile (deadius_maximus)

Wales took the lead through bale and Bradshaw doubled the advantage shortly after. Chile were creating chances but couldn't seem to get a goal with some great saves from my keeper. Bradshaw and bale would score again in the second half as Wales would take a 4-0 lead into the second leg.

Leg 2

Chile 4 - 4 Wales

Game was barely quicked off and Chile scored to make it one nil as Chile attacked in waves. Bradshaw got an undeserved equaliser before Paredes would strike again to make it 2-1. Sanchez would score to make it 3-1 as Whavin played some great stuff and was creating a lot of chances. 26 minutes on the clock and Chile were 3-1 in front. Paredes would find himself in a 1-1 and Hennessey managed to save it in what would be the major turning point in the game as Wales scored straight away through Bradshaw, bale then scored to make it 3-3. Chile weren't finished yet though and made it 4-3 with a cracker from Sanchez. Hennessey made another couple of saves before Bradshaw scored at the death to make it 4-4.

Great games and well played Whavin !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

1st leg

Switzerland 5 - 0 France

One of those games where everything went for the Swiss. Some lovely football on display and a nice victory.

2nd leg

France 5 - 1 Switzerland

One of those game where everything went against the Swiss. France played very well. Pressed well and got it to their danger men early and often. Unlucky not to take it to extra time.

Good games Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

PES Shield.

First Leg:

Spain 2-1 Belgium

Spain got off to a great start, Thiago slotting home after 2 minutes before Belgium had settled in. After that it was mainly Belgium going forward, but Spain's solid defence dealt with it until Lukaku scored a deserved equaliser for the Belgians around the hour mark. Belgium continued to attack, but Spain took advantage by catching them on the counter in the 88th minute. Vitolo sprung free and made no mistake to give Spain a slim but vital lead going in to the second leg.

Second Leg:

Belgium 2-2 Spain

Spain were expecting an early onslaught, and sure enough Belgium pushed them back from the off. The Spanish were fortunate not to be behind on a couple of occasions before Belgium went 1 up in the 28th minute through an own goal that bounced in off Nacho. The Belgians went 2-0 ahead right on half time from a cracking finish from Hazard.
    Diego Costa made it 2-1 early in the second half, then scored the equaliser and the aggregate lead in the 71st minute as Spain got more of a grip on the game. Both sides had chances after and this tie really could have gone either way. Really enjoyed these games, played in a good spirit. Thanks for the games TheOriginalJipo. Not 100% on your scorers, correct me if I'm wrong.

PES Champions Cup

Quarter-final

Turkey 5 - 4 Senegal

Fantastic game. Turkey raced into a 4-1 lead by half-time. Senegal had to make some changes to stop the hammering. Managed to get it back to 5-4 at full-time. Goals galore!

Senegal 3 - 2 Turkey

Another cracker. Turkey were leading 2-0 in the first-half and Senegal just managed to pull it back after the break to take it to extra-time.

Senegal 7 - 7 Turkey: aggregate score

Senegal 1 - 0 Turkey

Extra-time/Tie-break game (Settings at 5 mins and straight to penalties, if necessary)

Quieter affair with Keita Balde getting the only goal of the game in the first-half. Turkey had one last chance right at the death but it was saved.

Fantastic tie. Thanks for the games, Kenneth192.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

PES Champions Cup

Quarter-final

First Leg
    Italy 1 - 1 Brazil

Very tight game which demonstrated a shift in tact for both players. Brazil (Wilberto99) conceded 70% of possession to Italy (Nailz) and decided to play on the counter. Early in the second half, Lorenzo Insigne volleyed Immobile’s flick-on header right into the top corner to put Italy 1-0 up.

Given the possession (and assisted control) advantage over Wilberto, I pressed for another, but ultimately that ended up being my downfall. Brazil’s counter finally broke through Italy’s unusually high line and Neymar was clean through on goal for about 40 years. Buffon narrowed the angel, but Neymar dinked it sublimely over him, the ball just creeping under the bar.
    Good game!

Second Leg
    Brazil 0 - 0 Italy

An odd match this one. Went much the same way in terms of tactics and control of the ball as the first one, but every opportunity only really seemed to be a half chance. Wilberto’s defence was on point, I changed the formation since the last match, putting an extra body in midfield and going with only one striker and 2 wingers. It freed me up more in midfield, but lacked the end product.

Had I not been playing a Centre back on the left side of defence, Brazil’s cross field balls might’ve caused a bit of trouble, but it ended up a stalemate.

Brazil 1 - 1: aggregate score

Brazi 0 - 1 Italy

Extra-time/Tie-break game (Settings at 5 mins and straight to penalties, if necessary)

It’s had to do much damage in 5 minutes, but I decided to really go for it this time, playing 2 strikers with Éder Martins playing off them, and actually playing fullback with freedom to roam this time, with Insigne and Martins allowed to come in side.
    Given Wilberto’s excellent excited on the cross field ball and general counter attacking, this was ballsy, but I saw no other way through his stubborn defence.

The goal came through the agility and grit of Martins, running inside, shooting and picking up a rebound to slot home. Brazil had my defence very nervous, quite a few corners were coming in and Neymar, Courtinho, Jesus & Costa all forming a constant threat.
    Italy managed to see the game out and progress to the semis!

Really enjoyed our matches. Thanks for the games! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Beastermc 2.0

PES Champions Cup

Quarter final

1st leg

DENMARK 5-2 IRELAND

The pattern for this game was set early on with the Irish dominating possession but somehow couldn't find a way past the Danish defense. Keeper saves, blocks, shots off the post and that was just the first half. At the other end Poulsen benefited from more bounces and bobbles than ive ever seen before and it was 3-0 at half time with three shots from Poulsen. Ireland came back early in the second half with for 3-1, Poulsen soon made it 4-1 and 5-1, but a goal with the last kick kept Ireland in it at 5-2.

2nd leg

IRELAND 3-5 DENMARK

The crowd at the Aviva got Ireland pumped up and they came of the blocks flying. A Goal after 14 mins for 1-0 and then another soon after for 2-0, they were right back in it. Another Poulsen goal just before half time gave the Danes a bit of breathing space as at half time it was 2-1. However the second half started like the first and Ireland went 3-1 up with a lovley header. One goal in it at this stage but two quickfire goals from Braithwaite and Eriksen made it 3-3 in the match and 8-5 on aggregate, effectively killing the tie with 75 mins gone. Ireland lost the run of things in the last tens mins and scored two own goals for 5-3.

Great games David.

Here are the fixtures for semi finals. Wales have been given a walkover to the final due to Switzerland pulling out for reasons too embarrassing to state :pac:

PES Champions Cup

24cskex.png

PES Shield

261nf49.png

PES Champions Cup

Semi-Final

1st Leg

SENEGAL 4-3 DENMARK

Cracking game this. Senegal raced into a 2-0 lead early in the first half as their front three of Mane, Mane and Mane baffled Denmark's back three with ridiculous amounts pace and trickery. That man Poulsen managed to crucially make it 2-1 after 30 mins and just before Half time eriksen equalised. Lovely goal from Braithwaite 50mins and Denmark were 3-2 up. But Team Mane was not to be outdone! Two more quickfire goals from the Liverpool man saw Denmark's lead evaporate and Senegal hang on to win 4-3.

2nd leg

DENMARK 6-0 SENEGAL

Denmark knew they had to throw caution to the wind in this one and were duly rewarded with 3 goals in a Liverpool like 10 minute spell. Eriksen opened the scoring and Poulsen with a double made it 3-0 at half time. The second half brought horrendous luck for Senegal with shots cleared off the line, Schmeichel with wonder saves and then conceding comical own goals. Everything fell for Denmark in the 2nd as Andersen with a backheel finish, an own goal and a 3rd for Poulsen made it 6-0 and 9-4 altogether in the tie.

Great games Koolhanger.

CHAMPIONS CUP FINAL

1st Leg

(Stephen_Mc91) DENMARK 0-1 WALES (Damok)

The final began with a nervy first half with neither side giving up too many chances. 0-0 at half time with barely any chances. Then "Give it Giggsy till end of season" switched Bale to AMC and Wales started dominating. Plenty of chances for Wales as the half went on with Schmeical again on top form, but he could do nothing about a cracker from Bale in the 85th min. Bale should have wrapped up the game and possibly the tie in the last minute with a chance that went just wide. It proved to be the moment of the tie...

2nd Leg

DENMARK 6-4 WALES

An absolute ridiculous match and a mad way to end the final! Denmark had to come out of the blocks and did so with Poulsen putting them 1-0 up after 7 mins. It was soon 2-0 to the Danes and they were in front for the first time in the tie. That lead was short lived tho as Wales came flying back with a Bale goal and a Bradshaw cracker. 2-2 in the match and 3-2 to Wales in the tie, the momentum had rightly swung back towards the Welsh.

Halftime would see Jorgensen come on for Denmark and have a massive impact. He scored for 3-2 in the match shortly into the 2nd half and set up Poulsen for what looked to be the cruelest of winners in the 75th min. Poulsen was 1v1, shot off the post, rebounds and hits the keeper's back falling perfectly for Poulsen to put Denmark into a 4-3 lead overall. And so the madness begins! Damo took advantage of a silly quick free kick from myself to finish well with Lawrence for 4-4 in the tie 79mins, but just as quickly Jorgensen made it 5-4 after 81mins with a nice finish.
    Ramsey then decides he wants to beat a few people and score a cracker so it's 5-5 in the tie 83 mins. Only one thing left to do here and that was to score from kickoff again, as Denmark went straight up the other end in the 85th min and managed to make it count through that man again, Youseff Poulsen! 6-5 in the tie and in the end the Danes just about hang on for a famous win.

Quite possibly the two best games of PRO I've ever been involved in. Unreal stuff. Two outrageous games Damo!!

Advertisement